0 Thread(s)
    Hoping!!!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjack View Post
    I am wanting to re-level on shore power only. No truck or battery, will it work? We are seasonal camper, camper does not leave site, and thru settling we need to re-level. Thanks!!
    Somewhat, maybe. How's that for a definitive answer? The issue is, if it's a hydraulic leveling system, the pump draws 50-80 amps of power, and the converter probably won't be able to supply that much power. If you are hooked up to the truck, you can draw from the truck a little, enough to move the legs a inch or two at a time. IOW, it may work but not optimally, and FWIW the system can be a little wonky if the battery power is low. I don't know how it will work with electric legs.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK New question, you guys are awesome answering my stupid questions, again Thank YOU. Can I use the Lippert Level Up system with JUST SHORE POWER (battery may be dead!)?
    Short answer: It is iffy on just shore power

Longer answer: Your 2018 Solitude has a hydraulic leveling system. That system may draw more power than the converter alone can provide (this happens to me). The battery acts as a "buffer" supplying additional (or the majority) of the power needed to run the hydraulic motor. I addition, the Lippert controls are very voltage sensitive. When you draw lots of power (high current) the voltage will drop. Even if you have a short spike in current (like when the motor starts) it maybe enough to confuse the controller. I recommend always start leveling with a fully charged battery if you can. If your battery is a few years old or known to be weak, using shore power AND the battery may help you.

Hope this helps

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always had issues leveling if my battery was not solid. My display will give me low voltage errors, and leveling (manual nor auto) has not worked for me. Sometimes I can make minor tweaks in manual mode; but I have found recharging the battery (or replacing if needed) fixes the issue.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW!!!! So glad I asked before I started this project!! Thanks

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for replies!! In the mean time (yes about 20 min) I managed to have the SECOND slam latch break on basement door this week!! Those suckers are not cheap!! Damn! Working on finding perhaps a generic one that will work.?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 310GK and have 2 interstate batteries. In 4 years of full time with the same batteries I have never needed the TV or shore power to operate the auto leveling. I see on the newer models the manual mode is gone and they only have auto leveling. I raise up to unhook and then lower the RV as low as possible then hit auto level. I must have done this 75 times in 4 years never a problem on batteries alone.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rileytom View Post
    I have a 2018 310GK and have 2 interstate batteries. In 4 years of full time with the same batteries I have never needed the TV or shore power to operate the auto leveling. I see on the newer models the manual mode is gone and they only have auto leveling. I raise up to unhook and then lower the RV as low as possible then hit auto level. I must have done this 75 times in 4 years never a problem on batteries alone.
    Manual mode isn't gone on the newer models, you can operate front jacks in manual on leveling controller and can manually operate front, rear or sides using the One Control app or the LCD panel in the RV.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible to RE-level my Solitude without using my tow truck? I am afraid if I try to re-level all the jacks will come up and my 5th wheel will then be on the ground???? We are seasonal camper, Vt, dirt ground, somewhat level site. But shiftings have happened! Thanks and be as simple as you can, I will take no offense as I am.....simple also, apparently!
    I have a Reflection with the electric level system. I know that at times the auto level has seemed like it raised the rig higher than I would like. I have then retracted the front legs for a count of 5 and then retracted the rear legs for a count of 5 and then hit auto-level again with better results. I wonder if the systems are more like kids with a phone, they know they can't break it so give it a try. Us older folks are still afraid of breaking something.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12