Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Schwintek TSB

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jas451 View Post
    We left on the Thursday prior (Feb 1) so we could take our time, but even with that still came up against a bunch of weather obstacles......
    Wichita was pretty uneventful, then Wichita Falls, TX severe thunderstorms w/possible large hail and waking up the next day finding out that there was an earthquake in Oklahoma City that night. Then the plan was to head to Roswell, NM, but they forecast a high wind advisory with an alert 'for high profile vehicles to not travel'.
    We decided to go ahead, bucking heavy headwinds and milage dropped to 5 mpg. I have driven in high winds before, western Kansas...eastern Colorado, but nothing like this. Spending another night in Wichita Falls would jeopardize getting to Tucson on the 4th as planned and making our appointment on the 5th. Hindsight I guess I wish we would've padded another day or two in the schedule, travel this time of the year can be tricky.
    Anymore I guess, anytime of the year can be a challenge, for that matter.
    Hi there, I contacted Vroom, they are asking me for 'pictures and measurements' of the slide. I did the pictures and measurements outside today. Is this what you provided? I come up with the same measurements...11' (11.04) x ?? ~2 '. going to recheck tomorrow. They're scheduling into July and August. Hope my slide can last that long.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hissy603 View Post
    Hi there, I contacted Vroom, they are asking me for 'pictures and measurements' of the slide. I did the pictures and measurements outside today. Is this what you provided? I come up with the same measurements...11' (11.04) x ?? ~2 '. going to recheck tomorrow. They're scheduling into July and August. Hope my slide can last that long.
    Hmmm, I'd have to go back and check, I may have given them an idea on measurements??? Pretty sure that I didn't take pictures.
    I believe that they came out and said that their limit would be no longer than 14' for the future work. The schedule sounds right.
    They said that if I missed my Feb appointment and had to re-schedule, the soonest would be July. Not real excited about being in Tucson in July.
    2023 xls Imagine 22MLE

2009 Ford F-250 6.8 v10 SuperDuty Lariat Crew Cab

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, I'd have to go back and check, I may have given them an idea on measurements??? Pretty sure that I didn't take pictures.
    I believe that they came out and said that their limit would be no longer than 14' for the future work. The schedule sounds right.
    They said that if I missed my Feb appointment and had to re-schedule, the soonest would be July. Not real excited about being in Tucson in July.
    Hi, I misread the email. They want pictures only and coach details. Sorry for the incorrect information!! They also advised 'we do currently have 7 authorized dealerships around the country to help with travel if Tucson is not feasible.' We're in New Hampshire and traveling through AZ in the summer isn't exciting for us either. So that's pretty interesting, but I'd be most secure bringing it to the home base in Tucson. We put the battery on and plugged it in today, the slide was cold and creaking and cranky. Hope it lasts to a replacement date. Thank you for your response - really glad you're satisfied with the replacement.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't aware of the other 'authorized dealerships'....that must be pretty recent. They never mentioned that as an option during my correspondence with them. Makes sense eventually, to be able to expand their customer base. I do like going to the 'home base' however, as I feel that they would have the experience and maybe more expertise. Not to say that the 'satellite' shops could be just as good down the road. For us it was a 1200 mile trip, and we were going there (Tucson) anyway.
    2023 xls Imagine 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't aware of the other 'authorized dealerships'....that must be pretty recent. They never mentioned that as an option during my correspondence with them. Makes sense eventually, to be able to expand their customer base. I do like going to the 'home base' however, as I feel that they would have the experience and maybe more expertise. Not to say that the 'satellite' shops could be just as good down the road. For us it was a 1200 mile trip, and we were going there (Tucson) anyway.
    I'll update this thread as we go through the process and get more specific information. I'll follow up on any and all information I find. More folks may find it helpful and encouraging.

The Connecticut Motor Cars and Coaches website lists Vroom slide systems under services on their website. However they appear to focus work on the big, high end rigs. Will check that with Tucson team.

We did take one trip this fall, post dealer rebuild with parts from GD. We were in TN when the motor retention screw sheared off.
    I found it interesting that everyone we chatted with at the campground, who had Schwintek/Lippert inwall system(s) in their rigs, all had fears of the slide failing - and holding their breath every time they extended or retracted their slide, even the smaller slides.

NH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hissy603 View Post
    I'll update this thread as we go through the process and get more specific information. I'll follow up on any and all information I find. More folks may find it helpful and encouraging.

The Connecticut Motor Cars and Coaches website lists Vroom slide systems under services on their website. However they appear to focus work on the big, high end rigs. Will check that with Tucson team.

We did take one trip this fall, post dealer rebuild with parts from GD. We were in TN when the motor retention screw sheared off.
    I found it interesting that everyone we chatted with at the campground, who had Schwintek/Lippert inwall system(s) in their rigs, all had fears of the slide failing - and holding their breath every time they extended or retracted their slide, even the smaller slides.

NH
    And mostly those fears are unfounded, but exacerbated by threads like this one.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I know, I get it, most posts are going to be towards the negative....human nature. Whether it's tv's, cars, trucks, appliances, rv's, etc. People love to complain and they want you to feel their sorrow. Personally I expect things to work as intended and don't have a lot of patience when the don't. I know there is going to be wear and tear, and there is up keep and repairs. There is such a thing as planned obsolescence. When I see red flags, I try to address it and be more pro-active. Everyone is different as to what point and much you want to deal with it.
    2023 xls Imagine 22MLE

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I don't know - same dealer that replaced mine and I believe they were also covered under the TSB. Dealer wasn't going to follow the TSB instructions on mine until I put in a complaint to LCI and GD to get the correct parts kit ordered. As much a dealer issue as anything else. I physically drove over to the dealer to get the PN for the kit that they ordered and it was not the correct one. But as originally posted, there was a Lippert TSB covering 3-4 months of Schwintek production problems.

Suffice to say, maybe most fears are unfounded but I have little to no confidence in our Dexter undercarriage after our experience. I'm sure there are plenty of 8K suspensions on the road but stuck 2K miles away coincidentally with another Momentum having the same issues isn't a confidence builder.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011