User Tag List

Thread: Hello from NC

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from NC

I've lurked here for some time while my wife and I were looking at travel trailers to replace our Winnebago Micro Minnie that was totaled after being hit by an uninsured driver last year.

We close and pick up our new Imagine XLS 22MLE next week and are looking forward to being able to get out and around again. Besides the normal prep we are having a slide topper installed and upgrading the suspension to a CE3000 with wet bolts. The dealer's price for the parts are competitive and having installed a topper myself in the past I don't mind paying to have them do the work. For the suspension I don't really have a good level spot at home living on a hill plus I've reached an age where crawling under things isn't that easy to do anymore so again don't mind paying someone else to do the work. The dealer's service department has a pretty good reputation so I feel comfortable with them doing the work.

To minimize running a generator we do plan on beefing up the solar since we dry camp at some of the smaller state parks and NFS campgrounds that do not have electricity. I will be doing this work myself and will probably start the work next year after we've had a chance to enjoy the trailer some and see how our battery usage is.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by retired_engineer View Post
    I've lurked here for some time while my wife and I were looking at travel trailers to replace our Winnebago Micro Minnie that was totaled after being hit by an uninsured driver last year.

We close and pick up our new Imagine XLS 22MLE next week and are looking forward to being able to get out and around again. Besides the normal prep we are having a slide topper installed and upgrading the suspension to a CE3000 with wet bolts. The dealer's price for the parts are competitive and having installed a topper myself in the past I don't mind paying to have them do the work. For the suspension I don't really have a good level spot at home living on a hill plus I've reached an age where crawling under things isn't that easy to do anymore so again don't mind paying someone else to do the work. The dealer's service department has a pretty good reputation so I feel comfortable with them doing the work.

To minimize running a generator we do plan on beefing up the solar since we dry camp at some of the smaller state parks and NFS campgrounds that do not have electricity. I will be doing this work myself and will probably start the work next year after we've had a chance to enjoy the trailer some and see how our battery usage is.
    Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us. As a lurker, you're probably familiar with the many good folks here who are willing to share their knowledge. So let us know if we can help as you get familiar with your new coach.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome. I suspect when I get to the point of upgrading the solar and batteries I will have a few questions on how folks handled certain things on their trailers. First up will be locating and loading all of our stuff that has been in storage for the past 18 months. The only difference is we actually have room for all of it to be organized this time around.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by retired_engineer View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. I suspect when I get to the point of upgrading the solar and batteries I will have a few questions on how folks handled certain things on their trailers. First up will be locating and loading all of our stuff that has been in storage for the past 18 months. The only difference is we actually have room for all of it to be organized this time around.
    A lot of solar expertise on this forum and welcome. We make a couple of trips to NC each year to visit daughter and husband - sometimes with trailer, sometimes without.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard from one MLE to another.
    What are you pulling it with?
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    A lot of solar expertise on this forum and welcome. We make a couple of trips to NC each year to visit daughter and husband - sometimes with trailer, sometimes without.
    As I perused the site I noticed the solar threads of various types.

We've been in NC for a couple of decades now. I'm retired and wife is close to retiring. Both of our daughters and their families live here so we plan to stay in the general area to be close to the grandkids.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bob View Post
    Welcome aboard from one MLE to another.
    What are you pulling it with?
    Thanks.

I'm towing with a 2015 F-150 Ecoboost. We recently went out window shopping newer F-150's and I noticed most of the ones on dealer lots had no better and many were less than the payload of our current truck. With that in mind we decided to keep our current truck.