User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Rickba;482009]

Unfortunately, that was built during the pandemic and they had a lack of workers and lack of supply. The entire RV industry was slacking during that time. A friend of mine also had a 2021 that had all those issues. They talked with grand design and their dealer. They were able to work out a deal for a trade and got a 2023 and are zero problems in and loving it

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew better than to purchase a COVID trailer but if we would have waited that same 320MKS is now $30,000 more than what we paid for it. I have reached out to Grand Design and the dealer I purchased the 5th wheel from and am getting radio silence. I appreciate everyone's help on this post. I was able to order the diverter valve from RV Locks and More but at this point they aren't sure when the part will be available because their supplier is way behind. It is disappointing to spend all this money on an RV only to have it sit in the garage unusable because of faulty factory parts and then to get no assistance from either the manufacturer or the dealer.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As some mentioned, the dealer should have done a dry run or at the least allowed a couple nights nearby to test the RV with full hookup. I purchased a used 2018 295RL from McClain's in Denton and was afforded a four-night stay at their 50 amp site. We didn't have any issues except how to use the tv with booster (living room tv and booster button not even close by!) and the backup camera. (must have vehicle power to operate). Other issues over the last couple years have been the fresh water tank dropping out, (GD sent the parts no charge), the Nautilus water lines loose, leaking into the storage area, the power vent lift motor broke, a one way check valve under the bathroom sink failed causing odor in the RV, the couch and recliner flaking, the bottoms of the end storage on both sides of the couch sagging which needed to be shored up, a 12vdc fuse in the tow vehicle powering the 12vdc RV blown, (a 7 pin tester comes in handy and never found what caused it.) and some interior trim issues on the slides. Oh, and figuring out what the red fault light meant on the panel (the propane tank empty!) All in an RVer's joy of ownership!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LincolnGuy View Post
    As some mentioned, the dealer should have done a dry run or at the least allowed a couple nights nearby to test the RV with full hookup. I purchased a used 2018 295RL from McClain's in Denton and was afforded a four-night stay at their 50 amp site. We didn't have any issues except how to use the tv with booster (living room tv and booster button not even close by!) and the backup camera. (must have vehicle power to operate). Other issues over the last couple years have been the fresh water tank dropping out, (GD sent the parts no charge), the Nautilus water lines loose, leaking into the storage area, the power vent lift motor broke, a one way check valve under the bathroom sink failed causing odor in the RV, the couch and recliner flaking, the bottoms of the end storage on both sides of the couch sagging which needed to be shored up, a 12vdc fuse in the tow vehicle powering the 12vdc RV blown, (a 7 pin tester comes in handy and never found what caused it.) and some interior trim issues on the slides. Oh, and figuring out what the red fault light meant on the panel (the propane tank empty!) All in an RVer's joy of ownership!
    Are the sofa and recliner original? I have a 2019 337 and a 100 pound lab and my sofa and recliners are holding up well.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that these issues should have been caught by the dealer but these issues also should have never left the factory. I knew when we went to do the walk through and the person doing the walk through told us we knew more about this 5th wheel than he did we weren't off to a good start. The dealer did replace the Nautilus panel under an extended warranty but when they called yesterday they now are telling me that the Furion tankless hot water is no good due to the fact the copper coils on the back have split. They asked how I winterized the hot water heater and I told him I blew it out like I have done with every other trailer I have owned. He said that is the same way they do it and that they have had quite a few of these hot water heaters do this. $1,300 later we will finally get our 5th wheel back today. I called Grand Design yesterday and was basically told it is a me problem and there is nothing they can do about it. I have sent numerous emails to Grand Design also concerning all the issues and have not received one response.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickba View Post
    I agree that these issues should have been caught by the dealer but these issues also should have never left the factory. I knew when we went to do the walk through and the person doing the walk through told us we knew more about this 5th wheel than he did we weren't off to a good start. The dealer did replace the Nautilus panel under an extended warranty but when they called yesterday they now are telling me that the Furion tankless hot water is no good due to the fact the copper coils on the back have split. They asked how I winterized the hot water heater and I told him I blew it out like I have done with every other trailer I have owned. He said that is the same way they do it and that they have had quite a few of these hot water heaters do this. $1,300 later we will finally get our 5th wheel back today. I called Grand Design yesterday and was basically told it is a me problem and there is nothing they can do about it. I have sent numerous emails to Grand Design also concerning all the issues and have not received one response.
    I personally wouldn’t expect the manufacturer to cover a winterizing error
    The tankless models I believe require extra care during cold temps
    I would never have one in my trailer
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure why this would be a winterizing error. Do you have any suggestions on a better way to winterize a tankless hot water heater? We have never ran anti freeze through our hot water heaters even prior to having this tankless.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure why this would be a winterizing error. Do you have any suggestions on a better way to winterize a tankless hot water heater? We have never ran anti freeze through our hot water heaters even prior to having this tankless.
    Yep, run anti-freeze through it.

Air will not remove all water from the lines, and it will gather in low spots. That causes splitting in the copper tubes, especially when they are narrow tubes.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of videos and posts on the interwebs about the tankless heaters
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I personally wouldn’t expect the manufacturer to cover a winterizing error
    The tankless models I believe require extra care during cold temps
    I would never have one in my trailer
    The person doing the PDI with the OP flat out told them they knew more than he did, so I would call this shared. There is a certain amount of self-education, but with the same stroke, we don't know what we don't know and this was the OP's first experience with a tankless heater. This has been an issue with the tankless water heaters. Many of us just drain the WH and leave it empty. I have had my Class A for 14 years before this trailer for 4 and that is all I have ever done, blow out the lines with zero issues.
    I have read many threads here on this issue, so I know the OP is not alone on this. Doesn't make it easier though.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast