User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worst Fear Happened on my 315 RLTS

Yes I was warned in fall of the poor design Furrion 2.4 gal. tankless water heater mod. FWHO9A-AM by a Reggie (Paridise in a tin can) about the poor design of the heater as his sister bought a new RV in fall of 21 took out in spring of 22 to use for 1st time and water heater froze and the mixing bowl cracked and broke even thou the rv sales place winterized it. Seems its very hard to get the pink antifreeze in the bowl. I was really concerned that this would happen to mine tried to take extra care when winterizing and made sure I saw pink come out of heater drain but when I just brought it out last week water was gushing out of my enclosed underbelly area on inspection when pulling the heater out saw the mixing bowl was cracked. I barely even used this 22 RV and broke already. Reggie that made a you tube video on this subject seemed like a very good mechanic and was able to fix his. I am in contact now with GD. customer service about getting a replacement for this poorly designed made in China heater as there are no replacement parts for it. I also realized how hard it is to service anything under your rv as everthing is enclosed with no access unless you some how take the the thing down. Any one have any suggestions how to gain access? I realize now why so many people have problems with mold as with the way they are so cheaply plumbed and put together you can get leaks galore and not know it till you have a full blown problem.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worst Fear Happened on my 315 RLTS

Just cut the chloroplast where the issue is. Repatch it with some 1x3 and then gorilla tape
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paragraphs would be nice, you will get more responses. I couldn't follow this for the life of me. Just give the facts.
    2021 Imagine 2670MK
    2021 F250, 7.3 with a 10 speed transmission
    Armor All on the tires, color coordinated floor mats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exact same thing happened to us with our 22 315RLTS. Small crack in the top of what you call the “mixing bowl”. So I used the alternate method of winterizing, per the manual. Blew out the tank with air and took the drain plug out. Grand Design and General RV weren’t much help, but that’s a whole other story. General RV wanted to replace the whole heater for about $1K. Grand Design didn’t want to warranty it. We were in Florida for 6 weeks when I discovered it (left MI in Feb, didn’t put water in the system until we got to warm weather. After trying to get by with only cold water, finally got fed up with it and took the tank off, had a local welder silver solder it and put if back together. Works fine for a total cost of $40 plus my time. Still freezing weather when we got back to Michigan so I winterized again, this time putting anti-freeze in the heater. Still at the dealer getting other issues repaired so we haven’t used it since. I’ll be checking it thoroughly when we put water on it for the first time…Not a happy camper.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Exact same thing happened to us with our 22 315RLTS. Small crack in the top of what you call the “mixing bowl”. So I used the alternate method of winterizing, per the manual. Blew out the tank with air and took the drain plug out. Grand Design and General RV weren’t much help, but that’s a whole other story. General RV wanted to replace the whole heater for about $1K. Grand Design didn’t want to warranty it. We were in Florida for 6 weeks when I discovered it (left MI in Feb, didn’t put water in the system until we got to warm weather. After trying to get by with only cold water, finally got fed up with it and took the tank off, had a local welder silver solder it and put if back together. Works fine for a total cost of $40 plus my time. Still freezing weather when we got back to Michigan so I winterized again, this time putting anti-freeze in the heater. Still at the dealer getting other issues repaired so we haven’t used it since. I’ll be checking it thoroughly when we put water on it for the first time…Not a happy camper.
    Yes I had the same issue as you I tried to silver solder the mixing bowl + epoxy over top and I think when putting it back on to secure it with screws to the mounting bracket I recracked it leaked when putting water to it so I wound up bypassing it and have hot water now no leaks. I put in a claim to G.D. since it was just a little over a year since I purchased it. On my hrs. of research on the issue seems it was a poorly designed heater no parts or heaters are available. The instructions for winterizing are confusing and not precise. Will see if GD. honors the claim and if they stand behind their products. Will keep posted on the progress

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpb9294 View Post
    Paragraphs would be nice, you will get more responses. I couldn't follow this for the life of me. Just give the facts.
    FACTS are Furrion 2.4 tankless water heater cracked over winter due to faulty design and hard to winterize mixing bowl beware anyone who has this water heater and lives in a cold climate. Have a case # made out with GD. to get a replacement model as this model has no parts and no longer avaiable? Gee I wonder why? For more precise facts look up paradiseinatincan furrion heater you tube.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1266.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	340.5 KB 
ID:	46457

So here is a pic of mine. Like I said, had it professionally silver soldered. Was going to have it TIG welded and the welder recommended the silver solder route. Has worked perfectly so far. Unfortunately didn’t take a pic of the welded product.

Watched the video by Paradise in a tin can. While probably a worthy fix, not something I’m interested in doing. I’m going to further investigate the winterizing route and come up with a plan. Not that I want to do it, but worse case I could just isolate the hot water tank from the rest of the plumbing and pull the mixing bowl off every winter. It’s probably on a 5 or 10 minute job. Not a great job by Grand Designs on this one.