Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GD Momentum 320G Owners ??

Hello all,
    It has been a while since I have posted,,, I have recently sold my house and living full time in my 2021 GD Imagine 2600RB full time. Just me and the Dog.
    I will be trading in the near future for either the GD 320G Toy Hauler. The other ones on the short list are the Seismic 359 by Jaco, the Keystone Raptor 352, Carbon 358 or the Impact 367 Edition.

I own a 2022 Chevy Silverado LTZ/Z71 SB CREWCAB DURAMAX 3500 (SRW) with just shy of 3800 lbs of payload. My Truck will tow any one of these with ease. I am an ex RV Transporter and have hauled Triple axle units with no issues and all legal.

With that said, would you buy another GD 320G Momentum if you were buying now and after owning your 320G ?? I know the mark up on these quite well and hoping to get a good discount when I pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance !
    Joe F. (Aka FedMill)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. We love ours!!
    Wendy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the reply. I am really leaning to the 320G as it seems big but small clocking in at about 36 feet or so. As I will be traveling all over the country with it, I like that the dry weight is not real heavy considering a Toy Hauler, and even loaded I would not expect my Pin Weight do be much more than around 2700 lbs. That will leave me with 1,000 lbs for all the other extras I carry onboard.

Is there any particular option you wish you had got that you do not have ? King versus Queen bed ? Dual Pane windows ? Etc,,, ?
    Thanks again !

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FedMill View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I am really leaning to the 320G as it seems big but small clocking in at about 36 feet or so. As I will be traveling all over the country with it, I like that the dry weight is not real heavy considering a Toy Hauler, and even loaded I would not expect my Pin Weight do be much more than around 2700 lbs. That will leave me with 1,000 lbs for all the other extras I carry onboard.

Is there any particular option you wish you had got that you do not have ? King versus Queen bed ? Dual Pane windows ? Etc,,, ?
    Thanks again !
    @FedMill -

With a loaded pin weight of 3,400 lbs. or more, the 320G might get close to your available payload by the time you install a hitch, load passengers, etc. "With ease" may apply to the pulling part, but not necessarily the payload part.

A few tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno about the 320G, but our Momentum has the same GVWR, and it weighs over 17,000 lb. when loaded up to travel. What yours will weigh depends on what you carry. And we have a fairly light pin weight, all things considered, of about 2,900 lbs. AFAIC, 17,000 lbs. puts it in dually territory. IMO of course. If we tried to travel with full fuel tanks, and full fresh water, we'd be approaching 18,000 lbs. very quickly. The weight really adds up.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You all for the replies again !
    I do not see myself loaded to more than 15–16000 lbs (max) as I do not carry any toys,,, (At this time anyway). My exact payload on my SRW Chevy 3500 is 3798 lbs. I do carry an aux 69 fuel tank in the bed with approx 250 lbs of tools and misc supplies.

If I can keep the weight somewhat light on the front nose of the RV and more loaded to the back I should have more than enough payload. My GVWR for Truck and trailer is 29,700 lbs so as you all know I will run out of payload way before actual Gross weight.

I am very much looking forward to my next upgrade however, I am hoping prices soften up some more before I trade up.

P.S.
    As a previous ‘’Rv Transporter” I have been very impressed with the capabilities of this Truck. I am not brand loyal at all (actually had an F350 on order) however my next Truck may again be the Duramax/Allison combination. Not at all interested in buying a dually (personal preference) but I have hauled triple axle Rv’s up to 46 feet total length without issue all over the this country. (Keep in mind they were unloaded/dry weight)
    Cheers !!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time I weighed my 320G, I was at 14,800 lbs, and had a pin weight of a little over 2,800 lbs. I have a 500 lb bike in the back, and in order to get the pin weight up, I have 16 gallons of water in the grey tank (forward of the axle), couple of cases of water under the bed, the Onan generator, and use the Sidewinder hitch (160 lbs). This puts me right at 19% pin weight. The 320G has a very light pin weight for a 5th wheel, much less a toy hauler. The fresh water tank is located behind the axle.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    Last time I weighed my 320G, I was at 14,800 lbs, and had a pin weight of a little over 2,800 lbs. I have a 500 lb bike in the back, and in order to get the pin weight up, I have 16 gallons of water in the grey tank (forward of the axle), couple of cases of water under the bed, the Onan generator, and use the Sidewinder hitch (160 lbs). This puts me right at 19% pin weight. The 320G has a very light pin weight for a 5th wheel, much less a toy hauler. The fresh water tank is located behind the axle.
    Thank You for this !! That’s pretty much what I expected and that’s well within the capabilities of my Truck and the approx weight I will be loaded to ! Appreciate all the replies and info !! Great site and very helpful info here !! Cheers !!