Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Ft Pickens Campground at Pensacola

I'm confused about a height restriction on the "A" campground of 12 feet. I did a Google Street View tour and I saw some big Class A's and Fifth Wheels camping there that I'm thinking are above this height minimum. They have the 12 ft restriction on ALL sites so is there a specific spot that has this restriction or just a couple of sites. We'd would really like to take a trip there.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a few low hanging trees . One is on the 1st curve going in. The tree is being g destroyed by tall campers that keep hitting it. We just camp in the other campground and don't worry about A. Just be sure what ever site u choose in any of the sites that your unit will fit plus ulyour tow vehicle with out being off your site pad. They are very strict and will ask you yo leave if your unit and vehicle do not fit. We wete there this past Dec and watched a couple get told to leave cause their 5th wheel was too big for the site and no where to park tow vehicle.
    Steve & Tara Smiley
    2014 3500 HD Silverado
    2017 Reflection 27RL