Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No DC Power after shutting down generator

Hello all,
    2023 Momentum 25G ,No DC power inside coach, electric jack has power. It started with my 12V Refrigerator chirping from low voltage 11.2 V. I started the

generator and ran for 45 minutes after bringing the voltage up to 12.7 or so. When the generator shut down I had no DC Power in the coach. On shore power

all DC works. 2000w inverter works regardless. Batteries have been plugged in and charging 12 plus hours; they're at 13.3V (lifepo4). And still no DC power.

I started testing from the battery back. Continuity was good on both inline 30A circuit breakers(frame mounted) and all fuses. Battery disconnect is on. I

tested the battery dc in both positions. Inside: Panel:110 side no circuit breakers were not tripped, all fuses on DC side are good.​

2023 Momentum (less than a month old) 2- 100ahr 12V Battleborns, 660 W Solar Panels,50A mppt solar controller, WFCO WF8955 AD Converter. All factory or dealer install.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
    ​​​​​​​Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you check continuity from the battery on the negative side as well?
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you test for 12DC on the DC fuse panel? If power is there then all the 123V circuits/appliances should be working.

Sounds like you tested a lot of continuity but not sure you checked for the 12V.

Don't forget to check for grounds too.

Explain why you had to run the generator to charge the batteries.... no shore power??

If electric jack has power the batteries are OK (or at least have enough power for them to work). Again - do voltage checks, not continuity on the fuses.

Let us know.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Traveldawg, yes I tested voltage on the DC side of the panel. No power there unless on shore power. All fuses are good.

Why did I run the generator? Dry camping 5 days with some sun. This all happened on the fifth day while I cranked up the Kuerig coffee maker.

Both batteries are disconnected now and charging one at time with a small lithium charger. I was leaning toward the Lifepo4 BMS being at play here but the

fact that it still runs the inverter and jack tells me otherwise. I will update as I figure this thing out.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did you check your master battery disconnect switch. It must be on (red handle can't be removed) for the main circuits in the unit to be on. Sometimes they get bumped. To turn on, push the handle in and turn.

Please post back what you find.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you are describing does sound like the battery disconnect even though you indicate that you checked it. Take a look at this video - yours will be wired a little different, but it will help you understand how the battery disconnect is tied in. While on shore power, the converter powers everything but does not charge the batteries. Some circuits do not go through the battery disconnect and will continue to work with it off.

https://youtu.be/VoBHzAFX6pk
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder
    YouTube Chanel

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have solar and an inverter, depending how it was installed, there could be multiple battery disconnects. Any chance you can provide a basic diagram of how all your components were installed, it might help out for troubleshooting?
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomani View Post
    What you are describing does sound like the battery disconnect even though you indicate that you checked it. Take a look at this video - yours will be wired a little different, but it will help you understand how the battery disconnect is tied in. While on shore power, the converter powers everything but does not charge the batteries. Some circuits do not go through the battery disconnect and will continue to work with it off.

https://youtu.be/VoBHzAFX6pk
    Agree with Jomani and Powerscol. This sounds like battery disconnect. Especially since your jack works.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good info thanks to all. I've tried the battery disconnect switch in both positions with no change. I am going to pull out the battery dc and test the wires though.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With solar it's hard to say, but if 12v is OK on shore power and not there without shore power then: 1) the converter appears to be working (converting 120v AC to 12 v DC); 2)the 12v DC circuit from the batteries to the DC panel is not functioning.

I'd just start at the batteries and work toward the 12v DC fuse panel.... first test batteries; then the bus bar they go to; then the fuse input; next the fuse output; then the DC disconnect input and then the output; from there it should be feeding the 12v DC fuse panel.

This is pretty simplified, but it seems to be a way to test.

I'll guess the fuse is bad (or fuses).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast