User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    beccag24

HappiJac Won't Raise or Lower

We used our happijac for the first time. Lowered the lower seat fine and kept upper bunk in the up position. Today tried to move the lower seats up and when you push the button to raise or lower there is nothing: no motor sounds, no clicking sounds, etc. Anyone have any ideas as we are in Colorado on vacation and in a few days have to get the motorcycle back in the garage. Fuse is ok. Any ideas?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I went to their PDF manual and here is their trouble-shooting page. Hopefully this will help you.

Jim

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The first place I'd try to troubleshoot would be the limit switch. It seems to be common to several of the problems. Also make sure your batteries are at +12VDC.

Jim

Traveling Piper
    Thanks for that info TucsonJim, It's good to know. I know the bed can be manually lifted- done that, but if you don't have the newer model happy jack dinette seats that fold against the wall (we chose the ones that do not) yikes, then loading up toys to leave for home will definately be a problem. Hope you figure out how to fix this Beccag24. Please post if you do.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bec,

It may be the switch but there are several things it could be. There is an option to raise it manually if you can't get it going. I uploaded the latest manual I could find and put it on my share. You can access it HERE. Hope this helps and good luck!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the wiring plug wiggle out on mine at the motor. Just another thing to check, make sure all your wiring connections are tight.
    18 Momentum 376TH
    13 GMC Dually Duramax Denali
    08 Kawasaki ZG1400 Concours

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check connections on the little white control box by the motor if I remember right the limit switches are fail safe meaning if they don't have a curcuit it won't move.

When it hits the limit switch it opens the curcuit for that direction so if the curcuit is open (loose/broken/etc ) it thinks it is at limit.

Hope that helps

P.s. I think if you short out the upper limit switch it should be able to move up

Edit: short it out at the white box
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE