User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Anyone have an idea at what price point the removed steps might be worth?
    IIRC, Step Above is like 700 bucks or so new. I'd give you 700 bucks to take mine, but, for someone who actually wants these abominations, 300 or so should get them gone if you take them out carefully/undamaged.
    2020 Grand Design 351M (sold)
    2022 Luxe 44FB
    2019 F450 KR w/Hensley BD5F

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Over, $300-$350 was my thought. You didn't buy the Totklift steps for your Luxe?

QUOTE=Overtaxed;483148]IIRC, Step Above is like 700 bucks or so new. I'd give you 700 bucks to take mine, but, for someone who actually wants these abominations, 300 or so should get them gone if you take them out carefully/undamaged.[/QUOTE]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Over, $300-$350 was my thought. You didn't buy the Totklift steps for your Luxe?
    No. I got rid of StepAbove though! I just had them install a standard 4 fold RV step (like GD uses for the garage entrance). I thought about going to something else, but, honestly, the 4 step fold out were great for me, they did what I wanted and I figure "why mess with what I know we like".

I'm still really not sure what problem StepAbove was/is trying to "fix". There are endless things I could talk about where Lippert (or someone) should release upgrade/higher end/different options. RV steps aren't even on the list, the "standards" work fine, are easy to deploy, don't bring dirt into the coach, and seem to be pretty reliable and durable. I guess for people who setup for the summer and don't move, Step Above would be nice, it's unquestionable more "solid". But it's not like the normal steps are like trying to enter the RV from a diving board or trampoline.
    2020 Grand Design 351M (sold)
    2022 Luxe 44FB
    2019 F450 KR w/Hensley BD5F

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2022 303, has anyone with a 303 or similar 5'r have any experience with the Torklift steps?

Wife would like me to explore options.

Any advice, opinions, input?

Thanks

Ray

We have them on our 2021 (built 2020) 303RLS and LOVE them. We did all the measurements and determined the 4 step was the best way to go for us. I think it took about 30 minutes to install on ours as we had the original Lippert fold up steps. We had the MorRyde equivalent to the new Lippert Steps on our previous 5th and, as others have mentioned, we got very tired of lifting the things into the interior and transferring all the dust, general crud and when raining all the accumulated water into the doorway. Get 'em, you won't be dissapointed.
    Herve
    Herve & Chris Mann
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat 4X4 CC SRW 6.7 Antimatter Blue
    2021 Reflection 303RLS with Reese Goosebox
    Shadow, Fizzgig and Cookie, our cats (Pouncival RIP)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Herve for your input.
    I don't know names of the original steps, you had Lippert steps on your 21 303? How are they different from the Morryde steps on my 22 303?

I am soòoo looking fwd to installing mine. We have the brackets behind the skirt, so, cutting the skirt "should" be hardest part of install. Not sure how I'm gonna cut the skirt yet, probably tin snips.

Thanks again.
    Ray (Msgt Ret)

OTE=Herve Mann;483193]We have them on our 2021 (built 2020) 303RLS and LOVE them. We did all the measurements and determined the 4 step was the best way to go for us. I think it took about 30 minutes to install on ours as we had the original Lippert fold up steps. We had the MorRyde equivalent to the new Lippert Steps on our previous 5th and, as others have mentioned, we got very tired of lifting the things into the interior and transferring all the dust, general crud and when raining all the accumulated water into the doorway. Get 'em, you won't be dissapointed.
    Herve[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    I've had that problem, the "not long enough" problem (wound up using my Anderson blocks under the feet of the steps),
    That happened to me at two sites - first one that last step was a doozy - wound up flat on coarse gravel. The second time, I wasn't wearing my tri-focals but it was still an uncomfortable step. For the Uprising type, they recommend 5 steps and I can see why. Might be a safety item Was also wondering how I'd get them out at a rest stop between two trucks when the end location was already taken. They recommend the 5 step version for our 310 and I can see why.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Herve for your input.
    I don't know names of the original steps, you had Lippert steps on your 21 303? How are they different from the Morryde steps on my 22 303?

I am soòoo looking fwd to installing mine. We have the brackets behind the skirt, so, cutting the skirt "should" be hardest part of install. Not sure how I'm gonna cut the skirt yet, probably tin snips.

Thanks again.
    Ray (Msgt Ret)

OTE=Herve Mann;483193]We have them on our 2021 (built 2020) 303RLS and LOVE them. We did all the measurements and determined the 4 step was the best way to go for us. I think it took about 30 minutes to install on ours as we had the original Lippert fold up steps. We had the MorRyde equivalent to the new Lippert Steps on our previous 5th and, as others have mentioned, we got very tired of lifting the things into the interior and transferring all the dust, general crud and when raining all the accumulated water into the doorway. Get 'em, you won't be dissapointed.
    Herve
    [/QUOTE]

Ray,
    The original steps were the three step what I call "origami" steps. As far as cutting goes, I go back to Norm Abrams: " measure twice, cut once". If you're not comfortable doing the cuts, any competent body man should be able to do it for you in about 10 minutes. Enjoy the steps!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Herve, I am retired AF fighter crewchief, built my drag cars, crewchief a modified and late model stock car. Wood worker, welder and such....I can do it, it's just the "unknown" aspect of it.
    Thanks Sir

Ray,
    The original steps were the three step what I call "origami" steps. As far as cutting goes, I go back to Norm Abrams: " measure twice, cut once". If you're not comfortable doing the cuts, any competent body man should be able to do it for you in about 10 minutes. Enjoy the steps![/QUOTE]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2022 303, has anyone with a 303 or similar 5'r have any experience with the Torklift steps?

Wife would like me to explore options.

Any advice, opinions, input?

Thanks

Ray
    We have a 2019 303. I took the Torklift steps from my old camper & put them on the 303 when we bought it. Very solid. Love them, no trouble with them in 8yrs. I do spray all pivot points with wd-40 silicone spray from time to time.
    JP
    2019 Reflection 303RLS 5th wheel
    2020 F-250 SRW Lariat Crew Cab
    Pull Rite 16k Super Slide

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jerry, just installed the cage/box today and will install the 4 step package tomorrow. (Ran out of daylight).
    I might loosen the joints just a skosh to free them up....the whole thing seems a little tight.

Thanks, and looking forward to using them.

Ray

UOTE=Jerry P;483820]We have a 2019 303. I took the Torklift steps from my old camper & put them on the 303 when we bought it. Very solid. Love them, no trouble with them in 8yrs. I do spray all pivot points with wd-40 silicone spray from time to time.[/QUOTE]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast