User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshhm View Post
    VERY nice job, Rob! I’d seen you post info on this change, but it’s nice to see the pics. How much of the cabinet face/doors did you make yourself? Or were you able to outsource some of it? Also, I’m guessing you installed a new countertop rather than modifying the old one?
    Thanks! Nope - same countertop with a little wood glued up for support at the back of the cooktop. We had the doors made at a Menonite cabinet shop in Pennsylvania Amish country (go figure). I had already matched the stain color, so the doors were easy-peasy screw-on.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YonderAwaits View Post
    We are removing our propane stove top/oven and replacing it with a built in induction stove top. It is smaller, so we will need to put in a new countertop. Already tried contacting GD, countertop no longer carried.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    I made a new counter top when I added a desk to my rig. Corian is really easy to work with common carbide tipped tools. I got a remnant at a counter top shop at a fairly reasonable price.

The original tops in GD are an off brand of Corian, but it's all the same stuff. If matching is important, you should be able to find an exact color match from that manufacturer. (Sorry, I don't remember who it was.)

Cut the hole with circular saw and a router to make the front edge profile.

Easy peasy.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Thanks! Nope - same countertop with a little wood glued up for support at the back of the cooktop. We had the doors made at a Menonite cabinet shop in Pennsylvania Amish country (go figure). I had already matched the stain color, so the doors were easy-peasy screw-on.

Rob
    Nice work Rob!

When I did my desk a couple years ago, I got the doors and drawer fronts from GD. Paid way to much for them thinking perfect match was worth it.... except they're not a perfect match. Different run; maybe different vendor.

Live and learn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12