Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from Texas

Just wanted to say "Hi". Been a lurker for a bit as I figured out whether to purchase my first travel trailer. I've always enjoyed camping at state and national parks, but have had to move on from tent camping - just wasn't working for me anymore. Ended up getting a Grand Design Imagine AIM 18BH. Didn't need a big trailer - just looking to get off the ground and have some creature comforts. This ticked all the boxes with a layout and features that worked best for us.

Picked it up a few weeks ago, but have yet to break it in due to kid school activities happening every weekend. Have kept busy decking it out with what I consider necessities - backup camera, tire pressure monitor, level mate pro, practicing backing it up, and getting familiar with it's operation.

Anyway, appreciate the insight folks have provided on this forum on various things and fully expect to pick your collective brains in the future.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacorob View Post
    Just wanted to say "Hi". Been a lurker for a bit as I figured out whether to purchase my first travel trailer. I've always enjoyed camping at state and national parks, but have had to move on from tent camping - just wasn't working for me anymore. Ended up getting a Grand Design Imagine AIM 18BH. Didn't need a big trailer - just looking to get off the ground and have some creature comforts. This ticked all the boxes with a layout and features that worked best for us.

Picked it up a few weeks ago, but have yet to break it in due to kid school activities happening every weekend. Have kept busy decking it out with what I consider necessities - backup camera, tire pressure monitor, level mate pro, practicing backing it up, and getting familiar with it's operation.

Anyway, appreciate the insight folks have provided on this forum on various things and fully expect to pick your collective brains in the future.
    Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us. I'm with you, tent camping was great when we were younger, but these old bones want a real bed. Let us know how we can help as you get to know your new Imagine.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, we are also looking into the 18bh....was wondering is any of you have put some sort of a table in front of the sofa to use as a dining area???

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome! I still tent during fishing trips where the only option is to boat out to islands. I still enjoy that with the "guys" but love having the comforts when wife and I travel around.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)