User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    It's time to adjust my brakes on our new tt (8 months, 5,000 miles). Should I leave it hooked to the truck via PP3 while raising the frame to get all 4 tires off the ground? I suspect it will need a good bit of lift to accomplish due to suspension. It did on our 5r but just used the hydraulic levelers to raise, then jack stands for safety. Never done it on a tt. Suggestions? Thoughts?
    I did mine the easy way - I replaced my brakes with Lipperts "forward self adjusting" brakes. But check to verify whether you might have them already or not. When I ordered my 2670MK in 2017, they were just making production line changes and all new were getting the self-adjusting. Was told I was too! But when it arrived, it must have been one of the last of the old builds. But the conversion was very easy, and at the time very cheap. Looks to be about $100 per wheel now (https://store.lci1.com/forward-self-...ard-self-brake). Now it is just a matter of checking pad wear when I repack bearings. Not having to jack things up frequently is a win in my book!
    I would be very, very surprised if your trailer does not have them already. They may have reverted back if there were supply chain issues, but that would seem very unlikely in a very recent build. More recent versions of the manual that I looked at gave no indication of the upgrade, and gave the advice to do the manual adjust, yet the trailers came equipped with them.....
    Sure, disc brakes are even better, but the cost to buy and install is a LOT higher. If you can take a wheel off, you can easily convert to self-adjusting...
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was somewhat surprised that it took almost a full turn on each wheel to get them adjusted. I did not pull the hub/drum off to look for the adjustment cable. From some of the web readings, even those may need an initial adjustment. I also did not see a spring surrounding the adjuster. It was under as in the left image on this page: https://www.etrailer.com/question-295738.html.

When I do a full bearing clean/repack this fall, I'll have a good look as I will most likely replace the seals and upgrade to Timkins.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12