User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuche1 View Post
    Why does my black tank sensor show 3/4t o completely full when I am sure it is empty. The tank has has nothing but urine in it, no paper or #2 . How do I fix this? This is on a 2019 TT imagine 2600RB.
    Thanks everyone for the information and responses.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Nuche1
    2 things.....
    1. flush your toilet with lots of water when using it, especially with solids. Basically fill the bowl at least 1/2 full, do what you need to do, flush, fill to about 3/4 and flush again. Water is your friend. It's tough to do if not on full hookups but it helps to use a good amount of water. And be sure to flush it good when dumping. Chemicals help, but not really needed if using a good amount of water and flushing it out a lot.
    2. I have found Camco TST Probe Cleaner to be quite good. Again, lots of water and some driving around with it sloshing in the tank helps.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of us choose the SeeLevel tank sensor system HERE. Its not cheap, or fun to install, but it allows you to keep everything in trailer stock and perhaps use the stock as a backup. I chose this display "709-N2K NLP" and REALLY like it. I suggest this very specific model so if you in future do a solar system (and it includes Victron components) you will possibly want to Cerbo GX. Thats what I did. The Cerbo is a single pane of glass to my rig. It has status of: Solar controllers, batteries, input power from pedestal, both propane tanks level status as well as tank levels. One thing to keep in mind with this system; you will want to install sensors on BOTH gray tanks but the display can only show one of them so you will need a simple toggle switch to elect which to get status of. YES you will need to drop the lower cover (Cloroplast) to access all tanks as the sensors are bonded to the outside of each tank. Its not fun, but I rolled up the bottom so it was on top of the rear axle and I had the entire rear exposed. All those hanging wires got cleaned up. I chose not to cut the bottom. Its good to get underneath to see how things are setup. If more details would help, let me know.

Special Note: The SeeLevel folks have come out with a new system; its headless and handles up to 7 tanks. Problem is they won't sell this to us just yet. Its called the "Soul" with p/n: "708-RVC H"

The below is a pic of my Cerbo, just one of the many screens available.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CerboGX_Sample.jpg  
    2024 Brinkley z2900
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2022 GD 2970RL (Sold, 2023-Oct)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold. 2022-May)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty consistent with flushing the black water tank and have still encountered the problem that you mention. I was finally able to get the sensor to clear when I knew that I would be hooked to septic two nights in a row with a travel day in between. I emptied and flushed the tank, twice, then filled the tank about 1/2 full and added treatment. Then drove to the new location and emptied and flushed and the sensors have been giving good readings for the last 4 trips. I think it is just a matter of time before they screw up again. Just not a great reliable item.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12