User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2023 xls 22 MLE hitch lock and security measures

Will be taking delivery of our new trailer soon and was wondering what everyone else does to secure their trailers at the storage lot.

I had a proven industry lock on my prior trailer and really appreciated it's build. Does anyone else use one and know what the correct model is?

The storage door locks will be changed first thing

Any other security advice would be appreciated.

Thx

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what we use. https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Cou...k/AMP89FR.html
    Nothing is really thief proof, but this might change their mind and encourage them to move on.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also run a chain and padlock through the wheels on one side. That might slow them down.
    2021 Imagine 22mle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just use a cheap coupler lock which is more for show than anything. https://www.amazon.ca/PEAKTOW-Univer...d_i=B07JKR14BG

Stealing a big trailer isn't a spur of the moment thing and would need to be a targeted theft which I'm not worried about where I park my trailer either at home or in storage.
    2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
    2023 F-350 7.3 XLT Crew Cab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredWeasel View Post
    Will be taking delivery of our new trailer soon and was wondering what everyone else does to secure their trailers at the storage lot.

I had a proven industry lock on my prior trailer and really appreciated it's build. Does anyone else use one and know what the correct model is?

Thx
    We have put a lock with a keypad (key and/or fob also works) on our door from rvlock.com so the standard set of door keys that every rv dealer has will no longer work. Also love the convenience of not having to carry a key around when camping or just going out to the trailer between trips. They are having a 30% off Memorial Day sale right now. At some point I may get pass through door locks from them.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the pass through, I have always used the Combi-cam lock. It's a combination lock so no losing your keys! her is is from Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/Combi-Cam-785.../dp/B0048C8TCC

Hope this helps,
    Brian
    Brian and Lennette
    2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new camper!
    We kept our Proven Industries lock from the 22MLE and use it on the 23LDE. I think it fits all XLS'. Model 2516.
    Couple other things you might like:
    Tuffy combination locks for storage doors. I bought the cheaper ones on Amazon for the 22MLE. Bought these after putting one in our Tuffy console locker in the truck. There's a noticeable difference in quality. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    We had a bad latch after taking delivery of the 23LDE and I purchased this electronic lock to replace it. What I like about this one is that you can lock both the pull handle and the deadbolt with the keypad. When opening it opens both with one button (and passcode of course, or using the keyfob). https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alias100 View Post
    We have put a lock with a keypad (key and/or fob also works) on our door from rvlock.com so the standard set of door keys that every rv dealer has will no longer work. Also love the convenience of not having to carry a key around when camping or just going out to the trailer between trips. They are having a 30% off Memorial Day sale right now. At some point I may get pass through door locks from them.
    Sales are good thanks for the heads up

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TT security

Thx
    After spending a fortune on a hitch lock (Altor) I have a little regret. Watching videos of travel trailers being stolen they can wrap chains around their receiver ball and the TT locked hitch area…..not even taking your coupler lock off and drive away. Then they can work on your coupler locks when they have privacy.

Even if you lock up your safety chains, they can bring their own. Securing a TT wheel with Lug locks and wheel chock lock or similar sounds like the best strategy or even a pewag (harder than bolt cutters) chain through one or two wheels may the best scenario. It’s all about making your trailer, the least attractive.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx
    Everyone in my family uses AMPlock hitch locks. We currently have two fifth wheels and five trailers secured with AMPlocks. The locks are extremely difficult to pick and it would take a lot of work to remove them with a grinder or cutter.

Trailer Lock
    https://www.amplock.com/product/brp2516/?home

Fifth Wheel Lock
    https://www.amplock.com/product/lpcvr/

If you need multiple locks or different versions you can get them all keyed the same. Follow up orders can also be keyed to the original order.
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast