User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You and I might find many of those 5th wheel and trailer locks impressive, but it would be interesting to see what a professional thief thinks of them. Some of the stuff we think is impervious, is as staunch as wet spaghetti, when it comes to someone determine to find a way around it.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    You and I might find many of those 5th wheel and trailer locks impressive, but it would be interesting to see what a professional thief thinks of them. Some of the stuff we think is impervious, is as staunch as wet spaghetti, when it comes to someone determine to find a way around it.
    Correct, a determined professional thief will get anything they really want. The idea is to make it difficult enough to make the average thief move onto something easier and leave your stuff alone. The average dirt bag thief would have a hard time getting a AMPlock off. See the attached video. It took a professional lock smith using a custom made tool to get it open since. I am perfectly fine paying for an added layer of security.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXUpB_BrriY
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ended up with the Proven industry lock on the hitch 2516 and two trimax chock locks.

Bottom line on security, is making your trailer more trouble to steal than the one sitting next to it on the storage lot.

Decent insurance adds peace of mind

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just checking my signature
    Last edited by BoredWeasel; 06-15-2023 at 10:02 AM.
    GMC 2500 HD Gas
    GD Imagine XLS22 MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    second try
    GMC 2500 HD Gas
    GD Imagine XLS22 MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2023 xls 22 MLE hitch lock and security measures

Quote Originally Posted by BoredWeasel View Post
    Will be taking delivery of our new trailer soon and was wondering what everyone else does to secure their trailers at the storage lot.

I had a proven industry lock on my prior trailer and really appreciated it's build. Does anyone else use one and know what the correct model is?

The storage door locks will be changed first thing

Any other security advice would be appreciated.

Thx
    I purchased from RV-lock out of Colorado on-line a RV-lock that fits my Trailer. Two locks and PIN entry. I have that Ball Hitch Key lock with the ‘U’ shape bar that fits over your hitch that you push up into the ball area of the hitch until snug. I had two cam locks made that fit the same key for the cargo hold, and replaced standard issue cam locks from the dealership. Love to have a pair of those slam latches though.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Proven Industries Model 2516

I like the AmpLock and Fort Knox - but we really like our Proven Industries 2516 Coupler Lock on our 2600RB. It looks good and strong and make us feel a little more secure. It took a while to pay $235, and we paid much less going straight to Proven Industries and using a Shop25=$25 discount - saved about $65 over Amazon; and you can upgrade the puck lock to SS or to PackLock Cone, Multi-Lock, War-Lock. Can someone steal our trailer? If they are dedicated - yes. Heck, they stole our truck last November - and we are still rolling;-) ENJOY A FINE END OF SUMMER AND FALL! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Proven Locks 2516 - 1.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	47911Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Proven Locks 2516 - 3.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	47913
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Proven Locks 2516 - 2.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12