Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real Tile Backsplash

I picked up my new 2023 345GK last week and I've been working through several issues with it. One of them is, much to my surprise, the unit was delivered without the tile backsplash above the oven and kitchen counters. After a bit of back and forth GD has agreed to send me the tile backsplash panel once there receive them in from backorder. But they did say that I am responsible for the installation. Typically I wouldn't have any issues doing the install but, this being an RV bumping it's way down the road, I'm wondering if anyone knows what the best adhesive would be to put up the panel (not sure of the weight but it's about 6 feet wide and 2 feet or so high).

Thanks all!
    2023 GD 345GK w/factory installed DPW, Solar+ and Cummins Onan
    2017 Ford F350 Powerstoke DRW
    Traded 2020 Lance 1062 Camper

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure it's real tile? I don't think I've seen any real tile in a GD trailer from the factory, but I could be wrong. If it's the faux tile, I'm sure any decent adhesive works, liquid nails or something similar? The thing to consider is you are applying it to the luan board which has a wallpaper material on it. You're limited to the wallpaper adhesive on how well anything actually sticks to the wall.
    Last edited by FT4NOW; 05-23-2023 at 05:50 PM.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH