User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most people think whatever they purchase is better quality than something they passed up on buying.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is ours any better than another brand? Touch question. What I can say is that we had an issue with our slide leaking when closed, and GD covered the fix after the warranty was up. Which was a wow as they could have easily ignored us. We are now on year 3 and over 15,000, maybe even 20,000 km, and all is working as planned, and we still really enjoy it. We still go to RV shows and come out preferring ours regarding the floor plan and build quality.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Traveler View Post
    I guess I'm getting off topic, but I don't get the animus for the EZ-lube system. The EZ-lube system is great assuming you start with good bearings and have good seals. You are always moving good grease through the bearings. Also, a grease packed hub prevents water entry and helps move heat to the hub for dissipation. You need to check play regularly and adjust if necessary. You can feel and hear if wheel bearings are going bad. Also, I always feel the wheel hubs first thing at fuel stops. Bad wheel bearings results in hot hubs. This won't work if you had heavy or sustained braking before the stop.

Wheel bearings and races in good condition will last a long time if lubricated properly. I've been pulling the same boat and trailer for 28 years. The trailer has EZ-lube zerks and goes into the water for launch and loading. I have never pulled the wheels and I know those bearings and seals are still in great condition. There is no way I'm going to go through the hassle of pulling wheel bearings every year just to get new grease into them when I have the EZ-lube hubs. That is a colossal waste of time and effort.

Get the grease gun, jack the tire off of the ground, check for play and adjust if necessary, listen and feel for rough rolling, rotate the wheel while greasing, check the seal, wipe off the rejected grease from the front of the hub opening, and you are good to go for another year.
    To each their own. The manufacturer says to pull them apart every year or 12000 miles. Personally I go by the mileage, not time. If a pump'n'spin is good enough for your peace of mind - great. Just isn't for me.

On another note, your 28 year old boat trailer has bearing buddys, not ez-lubes. Different animal. I think you are pushing it at 28 years though. lol
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand that there is no such thing as the 'perfect' manufacturer and even if there is they'd put out a turd every now and then. My comparison maybe not 'apples to apples' either, as the Hemisphere was more upper level (real wood cabinets and finishing), where my XLS Imagine more mid-level. And the time of the build, 2014 vs. 2023. We do have a ton more storage in the bath, for example. I did speak recently with GD customer service regarding my roof and they had me send pics, which I did. They said that they didn't see much abnormal, but they made note, and I'm suppose to monitor it. Re: my dead outside outlet, they're going to send me a replacement, if I can do the repair. If you're doing this life style I think that you do have to be a little tech savvy, so you can do at least some repairs when you're out and about. I think that this has all the attributes to be a good trailer, but as they say "proof is in the pudding"......keeping my finger crossed.
    2023 xls Imagine 22MLE

2009 Ford F-250 6.8 v10 SuperDuty Lariat Crew Cab

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always tell folks not to expect automotive quality. I'd say that GD quality is comparable to anyone in the same price point. If you love your floor plan; you've picked the right RV.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I'd say that GD quality is comparable to anyone in the same price point. If you love your floor plan; you've picked the right RV."

Amen.

We need to be sure that we're comparing apples to apples when we start talking about quality. A better quality rv will always be heavier and more expensive than a lesser one. Unfortunately, one can't use weight or price as proof of better quality.

Personally, I'd like to see the industry require the manufacturers to attach a real MSRP sheet similar to what you see on every new car or truck and an actual weight slip for that particular vehicle. That way I can compare the price of a trailer at Cheatin' Chet's RV store to the one at Slick Sam's RV.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My last RV was a Flagstaff travel trailer and I'd say it's about the same quality as a Grand Design. It's all mid-range stuff and there will inevitably be problems here and there. My brand new 2023 GD had a leaking shower base from a terrible caulking job and the hot and cold valves in the shower were reversed. I fixed those myself as my dealer is 90 minutes away.

We loved the floor plan in our new trailer and we knew GD was a mid-range quality brand so that's whey we went with it.

You have to be somewhat handy as an RV owner just like being a homeowner.
    2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
    2023 F-350 7.3 XLT Crew Cab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2600RB may be only slightly better quality than our previous Montana. Only a few minor issues (warped cabinet door and two blackout curtains) which GD took care of with a simple email. I'm a DIYr so can fix most all stuff.

What I will add is our dealer, both Keystone and Grand Design (Holiday World of Willis) have been easy to work with on anything. And the team at Grand Design has been awesome and responsive.
    Last edited by masterdrago; 05-28-2023 at 03:55 PM.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remember when you are reading the forums, most people are posting problems they have run into. You'll hardly ever see anyone taking the time to post "everything is great with my trailer and it all works like it should"
    Frank & Nadine
    2023 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2021 Ford F‑150 XLT 3.5L V6 Hybrid 4WD SuperCrew Cab Factory Max tow package

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are on our 2nd Grand Design Imagine. Loved them both. I had an accident in Texas, USAA totaled the first GD and we purchased our 2nd. Only issue was with the 2nd when the Furrion refrigerator cam on but didn’t cool. I called GD customer service and was able to get to a person who could help quickly. After another camper store tested the refrigerator and verified that it wasn’t something they could fix; fridge was under warranty. GD shipped out another fridge ASAPWe were in TX camping and it was hot, so miserable with out fridge. I explained that we were traveling and home was in Mass they said they’d send us a check for $150 and to go purchase a cool of our choice. Their customer service is what makes most everyone like the GD brand.
    We’ve attended 2 of there rallies. They have maintance and customer service people all around greeting, having fun, and socializing with their customers. This is awesome in my book.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast