User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 2600RB. I had to have upgraded axles put in. The cabinetry is fading and cracking. They cut a 3"hole in the floor behind the cabinets and put nothing in it. They left it like that and it became a mouse highway. Took me a long time to find it. I had a water leak in the bed room because they didn't seal the hole that the awning wires went in on the front rt corner. I had to remove and replace the wallpaper and let the wood dry out. Thankfully I caught it before there was any damage. In my case the quality was marginal at best but the customer service I have to admit was pretty good.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one thing I always remember when I see customer complaints on a forum is that they people with GOOD experiences are seldom there...only the ones with problems. The real test to me is how the manufacturer/dealer responds to the problem. We love our 2021 Imagine and it is/was the only trailer that we have ever bought that did not have "fix" items when I bought it. Three years later we still love it.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2022 Ford F250SD 6.7 Diesel
    Radio Operator KC5MLV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 34

Quote Originally Posted by jas451 View Post
    Are Grand Designs as good as they're sometimes touted to be? We just purchased so it's still early, way early, but since then I've seen a lot in regard to the Schwintek Slide-outs, bubbles on the roof, and tankless water heater. Why should I have to worry about stuff that before I took for granted? We traded a 9-year old FR Salem Hemisphere 232IS mostly because of it's age, and just looking for something maybe a little more accommodating layout wise. We liked the 22MLE layout, although not crazy about the curtain, but it had the dinette and lounges. It is 26' as was the 232IS. The Hemisphere had great layout as well, 2 slide outs, and a Kitchen island. We made several mods, as every time we'd go out it'd be "what if we had this?" or "if we could change that?" The 232IS wasn't perfect, but it had rack and pinion slide outs, and was built like a tank. It had a rubber roof which was probably due for some attention, but we thought the 22MLE is four season. Well, that's where the tankless WH comes into question??? Not sure what to think about all the roof bubbles? Is that just a GD thing? It sounds like they all have them to some respect. Hopefully the issues with Schwintek slide-out has more to do with operator error than the actual product, although it seems like it's been going on a while. Hopefully all my venting and concerns will be for naught....we've done a few mods and have a trip planned in a few weeks.
    Like the Hemisphere it'll be a work in progress. After all that's part of the fun of it!
    I love it! 2020 full time, only issue is exhaust fan in microwave. Love the interior that gives an apartment feel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "You have an RV, so you have a problem. You just don't know what it is yet." The same could be said about a house, a boat, an airplane, a (fill in the blank). Whenever we've had a problem with our vehicle or RV, I always think of the line "Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape." For those of us who purchased something new, the real question is how will the dealer or manufacturer resolve the problems when they arise? Good service costs money up front, but is usually gotten back in spades in good will.

I've had a couple of issues with our Reflection in the roughly four months we've had it. So far all are minor. I was not impressed with the dealer's answer to the first issue (bring the trailer back on a 400-mile round trip to replace a $50 part), but the factory stepped up and authorized me to buy the new propane regulator, replace it myself, and send them the bill. A window shade was missing when we bought the trailer. The dealer said it was on order and they would contact us when it came in. The factory shipped it to us and we installed it in a few minutes. I have a problem with the solar controller, and another dealer has already worked with the factory to have a replacement on hand when we get there in a month. That dealer was horrified at how we were treated by the place that sold us the trailer. Guess which one will get future service business?

Are there some design issues that could be handled differently? Of course. For all I know, the designers are working on some of them right now, and those ideas will be incorporated in the next iteration of this trailer. We bought this trailer and, overall, we're happy with it. Will I make some changes? Yes. Will everyone who looks at it like what we did? No. Do I care? No.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine XLS 17MKE here. 2nd owners. The 1st owners did many upgrades for us, and then upgraded to a new rig, so now we've camped in it 5 times in 8 months owning.

This is our 4th rig and we feel it matches our lifestyle the best.

Our 3rd rig was real hardwood, great factory warranty, great small town dealer, but the floorplan and size weren't a fit. Couldn't comfortably play cards with the in-laws on rainy days.

Our 2nd rig was way too big and ironically it limited where we could camp (because ... a Class C can't fit everywhere).

I know realize that Things Fall Apart, that lifestyle matters most, size & space matter a lot, and being handy saves a lot of $$$ (because Things Fall Apart).

GD? At least their website let's me do a parts lookup. Many manufacturers only let dealers do parts lookups. And the owner's manual is a spiral bound gem. I've not seen an owner's manual that detailed since the in-law's 1990s motorhome.

I cannot speak to GD's warranty because the RV industry doesn't really do warranties for 2nd owners.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123