Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Samsung Refrigerator loses power

We have a 2021 GD Solitude with a Samsung refrigerator. The unit has a 30 amp solar unit that keeps the refrigerator working ( battery charged) during travel times. After a week of using the RV, we returned to the RV storage unit ( driving for about 5 hours in 75 degree weather) and noticed the refrigerator had lost power ( the lights on the display showing the freezer and refrigerator temperature where not on). The refrigerator was still cold and the food was still either frozen or cold. I checked the fuse and plug in connection and both were OK. The unit had seemed to work OK during our travels. Prior to parking the unit, we drove over some rough highway roads and I am thinking a lose connection may be the problem. Any suggestions as to where I should check? Or is there another problem I should be considering?

Thanks in advance
    Randall Sharp

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An inverter is what keeps your fridge running I assume since the Samsung is likely 110 volt

Likely the inverter tripped. I would locate the inverter and look
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're the camper interior lights working? Something in your storage compartment could have hit the battery disconnect switch.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, I think you mean 300 watt solar panels and controller - not 30 amp. There are several things to check: 1) the secondary breaker box (you don't mention which model Solitude you have, but the secondary box is often found in the buffet cabinet or under the stairs), the battery cut-off switch (must be in the "On" position), the cut-off switch to the inverter (look on the "roof" of the front battery compartment near the inverter), and the GFCI on the inverter itself. If any one of these is tripped or in the "Off" position, the refrigerator will not get power when not on shore power.

You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were exactly correct. Thank you
    Randall Sharp
    Retired
    2020 F350 SRW Lariat
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were exactly correct about the GFCI switch, I reset it and the refrigerator work on 12V side.
    Thanks
    Randall Sharp
    Retired
    2020 F350 SRW Lariat
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Sharp View Post
    You were exactly correct. Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Sharp View Post
    You were exactly correct about the GFCI switch, I reset it and the refrigerator work on 12V side.
    Thanks
    @Randall Sharp -

Glad you got it figured out. Here are a couple of tips for responding in threads on the forum:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015