User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    FWIW, My experience with Timbren springs is that they definitely do NOT impact ride quality of unloaded vehicles. There should be no contact with the spring in an unloaded vehicle. If there is... Then something is not right in the installation. Perhaps the installer added the enclosed shims when they were not necessary for the correct spacing.
    They do have minor affect when going over large bumps where the Timbrins do actually hit the spring. Speed bumps, big pot holes, driveways are the biggest areas it’s felt. Other than that, no impact, Same ride quality.

I love my Timbrins.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone. I think we will go with the Timbrens and be sure to leave out the shims.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
    Thanks everyone. I think we will go with the Timbrens and be sure to leave out the shims.
    You may, or may not need the shims. The instructions are pretty good and with the measurements of your vehicle, you will be able to see if you need them or not.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another happy Timbrens and Bilstein user.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManageIT View Post
    I ran these https://activesuspension.com/ on my Tundra. Would buy them again is I was towing with a half ton again...
    I almost went with those.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an Imagine 2500 RL that I tow with my 2017 Tundra Limited double cab. I installed Bilstein 5100’s and Sumo Springs that really made a difference in bounce and leveling. I also think having a full sized truck bed helps with the swaying of the trailer as well

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i recently tried out my new to me f150 tow rig pulling my rl2500, i did upgrade the tires to D rated, but this trip only used the (blue ox) WDH ,the trip to camp had some porpoising, not terrible, but noticable, on the return trip i went up one link tighter on the WDH bars, it pulled ridiculously well for a half ton. i do have a little more tongue weight with bigger bottles and camp chef grills etc.

I have bags now for improving sag, i opted for bags over timbrens as i didn't feel i'd have acceptable "give" at the rear axle on hard bumps. to each, his own.
    Last edited by gfl123; 05-31-2023 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another happy timbren customer. Like to put on and forget. They are there when needed.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the timbrens. They worked great on smooth roads. We went into Mass, and the axle hitting the timbrens was out of control. I took them off after that that trip and installed airbags. Fully adjustable and rides so much better. Those timbrens are in the shed where I put them 2 years ago.
    For the ones that love them, great. I will never put those things on any thing I own ever again.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by House_of_Henniker View Post
    I used the timbrens. They worked great on smooth roads. We went into Mass, and the axle hitting the timbrens was out of control. I took them off after that that trip and installed airbags. Fully adjustable and rides so much better. Those timbrens are in the shed where I put them 2 years ago.
    For the ones that love them, great. I will never put those things on any thing I own ever again.
    I have used air bags in the past and was satisfied with them, the new truck doesn't need them. But I am curious about the symptoms of "the axle hitting the timbrens was out of control.". Could you expand on that, please? TIA
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast