User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 310GK Suspension Upgrade Advice

Sorry if this has been posted before, but my search didn't really showed much.

Planning to upgrade my 2022 310GK to the MORryde IS. The lady I talked to was pushing me to get the 7K axles. Went on Grand Design web page for 2023 and the axle upgrades they only offer is 8K, either IS or regular axle.
    I know putting the bigger axles will not change my GVRW, but I did have my rig weighed with all the stuff we plan to camp with. I plan to put a washer and dryer in, and eventually a solar system too. I think it will be close to the 15K GVWR, so i was wanting a beefier axles when i hit pot holes. Is 8K axles be too stiff or be ok? I am leaning to the 8K, since GD is only offering it on their order sheets. I figure they did the calculations already.

Again, not trying to change my GVWR, just added protection.

Thoughts?
    Thanks!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if the GVWR is close to 15,000 lbs., then the weight on the axles will be close to 12,000 lbs. A long way from needing 8,000 lb. axle rating. I'd listen to the experts on this one.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 7K MORryde systems on our 310GK. Per the CAT scales, the weight on the axles is 13,000 lbs. That's with dual pane windows, washer and dryer (separates), two Battle Born batteries, factory solar, and all our stuff for full-timing. Even with a full load, that's under the 7K axle ratings. If you read back over my posts the for the past eight years, you'll see that this is our second RV with the MORryde IS and disc brakes. I wouldn't have it any other way. 7K is fine - 8K would cost more and is completely up to you. MORryde will select the appropriate rubber shear springs for your weight with either system.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you already have the 310, I agree with Howard and Rob. We ordered and opted for 8K axles/18K GVWR mostly to get disc brakes as that was the only axle option you could get discs with in 2021 and Morryde was booked a year and a half out or more. On our extended trips, we are north of 15K total but still under 13K axles.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your advice. If the 7K axles are well under the gross, then why pay more. I just don't want any regrets since i haven't installed them yet.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify, at least with the last couple years models, stock axles are 7k, correct?
    I'm considering the upgrade also, but don't think we'll want or need 8k.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    Just to clarify, at least with the last couple years models, stock axles are 7k, correct?
    I'm considering the upgrade also, but don't think we'll want or need 8k.
    We went back and forth on this and the axle options are different now. In the end we went with 8K axles on a GD order. I catalogued between 10-15 2019-2022 310 UVWs at dealer delivered units and they trended up each model year. All were a couple hundred lbs over GD website UVW of 12,100 and one with slide toppers and pull out kitchen was over 13K. When ours arrived the UVW was over 13K without W/D, batteries, propane. It's a significant chunk of change. Personally I'm happy with the choice and the rig rides very nice - haven't dropped a piece of trim yet. If interested, you can read through the thread from 2021 before we ordered and I was definitely going to have IS installed which I am now not so much in a rush for.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...hlight=options
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m with everyone else. Trailer axles are right at 13000lb, dual pane, washer dryer, heavy diesel genny, and a pretty heavy inverter and batt system. I ordered mine with 8k axles and disc brakes, so it came with an 18k GVWR. We then upgraded to IS, so we kept the 8k axle rating to support the higher GVWR, but if we had a 15k GVWR, I probably would have gone with 7k IS axles.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    I’m with everyone else. Trailer axles are right at 13000lb, dual pane, washer dryer, heavy diesel genny, and a pretty heavy inverter and batt system. I ordered mine with 8k axles and disc brakes, so it came with an 18k GVWR. We then upgraded to IS, so we kept the 8k axle rating to support the higher GVWR, but if we had a 15k GVWR, I probably would have gone with 7k IS axles.
    Seems that I recall IS adds some weight on it's own? Not sure about that - maybe those who have had it installed could chime in.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Seems that I recall IS adds some weight on it's own? Not sure about that - maybe those who have had it installed could chime in.
    Yes, it does. I noticed that when we weighed recently after doing the inverter/batt install. I can’t tell exactly how much is attributed to the IS, but it’s not insignificant.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast