Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

teak shower seat maintenance?

Couldn't find anything on this subject by searching the forums and looking in the GD manual, so will just ask.
    Our 2022 Solitude has the fold down teak seat in the shower; very handy and have had no problems with it. But I am wondering if there is some sort of oil or wood treatment that should be applied to keep it from drying out.
    Anybody know?
    Thanks in advance.
    2022 Solitude 378-MBS-R, 8k axles and disc brake package, slide toppers, dual panes, 5.5kw Onan, W/D, 3rd AC/heat pump
    2023 F350 Lariat DRW on order, (canceled)
    2023 Chevy 3500 LTZ long bed Duramax, 12250 GVWR, 3867 cargo cap, Z71, 5th wheel prep

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smullinax View Post
    Couldn't find anything on this subject by searching the forums and looking in the GD manual, so will just ask.
    Our 2022 Solitude has the fold down teak seat in the shower; very handy and have had no problems with it. But I am wondering if there is some sort of oil or wood treatment that should be applied to keep it from drying out.
    Anybody know?
    Thanks in advance.
    I used to have a little 14' sail boat with Teak trim. There was an oil called 'Teak Oil' that I was told to use to keep the wood fed. I'm not sure but I'd think something like that would help maintain and preserve the teak. JMHO.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    I used to have a little 14' sail boat with Teak trim. There was an oil called 'Teak Oil' that I was told to use to keep the wood fed. I'm not sure but I'd think something like that would help maintain and preserve the teak. JMHO.
    Yep, used that all the time at the marina.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays