Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Water pressure

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water pressure

So we have a 2022 Reflection 260rd that I am setting up for our maiden voyage. I have the water pressure regulator set at the prescribed pressure of 45 lbs. which is good as soon as you turn the faucet on but then the pressure drops to 25 lbs. while it’s running. Can I boost the static pressure up so I can have better pressure when using or will that damage something?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The drop to 25 psi would be the incoming pressure and that says there's an issue with the source water pressure. Increasing the allowed pressure won't do anything to improve incoming water pressure.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 60 lbs coming into the regulator and 45 going out until I turn the faucet on then the regulator drops to 25 lbs. any ideas?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either the regulator is bad, the pressure gauge is bad, or the water volume is insufficient to maintain 45 psi. FWIW, the pressure gauge that came on my regulator was not any good right out of the box, I had to buy another gauge and all was good.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bernoulli's Principle. Inverse relationship between flow and pressure. If you open a faucet in your RV (or house), pressure will decrease and flow will increase. The more faucets you open simultaneously, the larger the pressure drop. Also impacted by small size of RV pipes which creates additional friction. Yeah, it seems counter-intuitive. Think you are already seeing that with the difference between 60 and 45 inbound and outbound of the regulator - maybe 5/8 or 3/4 hose inbound side, and half inch outbound which is probably downsized within the regulator too. Bigger pipe = lower flow and higher pressure. Smaller pipe = higher flow and lower pressure. The regulator is really designed to keep the static pressure below a certain PSI so your pipes won't leak.

https://atlas-scientific.com/blog/re...-and-pressure/
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays