User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small Garage Limits Tow Vehicle Choice

We haven’t yet purchased our Imagine XLS, but have narrowed it down to a choice between the XLS 22MLE or the XLS 23LDE. Right now we favor the 23LDE. The tow vehicle, which hasn’t been purchased yet, must fit in our garage (214” total Length) because we live in part of Texas that gets a lot of hail storms. Our garage size excludes all 1/2 or 3/4 ton trucks with either the super cab, double cab, or crew cab. There are too long for our garage. So, unless we add on to our garage, the trucks seem to be out of the question.
    The Chevy Tahoe 4x4 or GMC Yukon 4x4 with max trailering package will fit in our garage.
    Anyone using a set-up like this? If so, how’s it working?
    Any other ideas (that would fit in our garage)?
    Thanks for your input and help.
    Steve

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a tight fit, a yukon is 210". You'd have to be up on the wall to ensure the front doesn't block the garage door sensors. Is there any way you could have a car port at your house? It would give you some more flexibility.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Homeowners Association does not allow carports. Any out structures must match residence.
    Good suggestion, but can’t use it here…
    Steve

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the Imagine will be outside, so I wouldn't worry about the truck either.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply…
    When we are home the Imagine XLS will be stored locally under awning or locked garage at a storage facility.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We absolutely love our 22mle. Everything you want/need in a small package. Tows behind very easily. Had the 23lde been out when we got our 22mle in 2020, we would of had a real hard time to choose between the 2. Sat in both a few months ago at an rv show and still a toss between the 2. Maybe a slight lean towards the 23lde. Maybe. Lol
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shortest potential tow vehicle I can find is a Dodge Durango. 201" overall length, towing capacity near 9,000 lbs, and payload in the 1,300 to 1,600 lb range. Not sure how well it would tow that trailer. Just because on paper it can doesn't mean it should! If it was me, I'd buy the right truck and leave it outside. I'd buy a 1 ton so you could upgrade the trailer down the road without upgrading the truck. Could get a car cover for it and put it on if you know it is going to storm. May help with hail.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    We absolutely love our 22mle. Everything you want/need in a small package. Tows behind very easily. Had the 23lde been out when we got our 22mle in 2020, we would of had a real hard time to choose between the 2. Sat in both a few months ago at an rv show and still a toss between the 2. Maybe a slight lean towards the 23lde. Maybe. Lol
    Our choice won’t be made for a while, but until then, we have to figure out if the Yukon/Tahoe with max trailering set-up can take us East or West…
    Thanks for your reply.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    Shortest potential tow vehicle I can find is a Dodge Durango. 201" overall length, towing capacity near 9,000 lbs, and payload in the 1,300 to 1,600 lb range. Not sure how well it would tow that trailer. Just because on paper it can doesn't mean it should! If it was me, I'd buy the right truck and leave it outside. I'd buy a 1 ton so you could upgrade the trailer down the road without upgrading the truck. Could get a car cover for it and put it on if you know it is going to storm. May help with hail.
    Our garage pad is 214” from door to the 34” Wide elevated House pad. So, going by just the numbers, 214+34=248, it would seem I have the space for a truck. But there is a catch, the trucks length, about 232”, only leaves us 14” to get into the house. I will have to test drive a truck and see how it fits and to make sure we can get into the house once the truck is in.

So, that’s where we are with the dimensions. I was hoping to hear from someone using the Tahoe/Yukon as their tow vehicle. Btw, I would prefer the truck.

Thanks for your help…

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    If it was me, I'd buy the right truck and leave it outside.
    Our Ram 2500 doesn't come close to fitting into our 2 car garage since the garage is at the bottom of a sloping driveway so it stays in the driveway. I thought I would be bothered by this but have come to love having half of the garage for tools, bikes, and storage.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast