Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roof Membrane Not Glued Imagine 2500 RL

We purchased this 2500 RL last July and I guess I better start asking about the roof coming loose. I took it to the dealer where we purchased the rig (Explore RV in San Antonio) a few weeks ago. This is after I called about the loose roof and they said bring it in. So I did, and it sat there for 3 weeks with nothing done.

Note, the yellow highlighted are the areas that are not fastened.

I didn't want to take a chance on hail damage so I brought it home after the tech said nothing was done other than the 6 month inspection. They tech that looked at everything said the roof was fine. The guy in charge said he has to hear from the factory. Do I want to contact the factory myself?

So we brought it home and we continued our monthly camping trips around TX.

If they are going to do a roof job (and I don't think they want to) I don't want the trailer to sit there for months waiting for company approval and for materials to arrive. If they have to do that I want to bring it in when they are ready to do the job.

I looked at a bunch of these 2500RL's in the lot last July and they all had the same thing happening, borders of the roof not glued. Then we looked at the one that was inside in the their display area and bought that one because the roof appeared stuck down all over.

Now it is coming loose. It does not leak yet and I do not want a bubble roof while we are going somewhere.

Would appreciate some thoughts. Thanks - John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Imagine roof pdf.pdf   2r.jpeg   4r.jpeg   1r.jpeg   3r.jpeg  

Last edited by RV Tailors; 05-27-2023 at 12:38 PM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would probably fix it myself. I see a couple of spots, front and rear. I'd either put another layer of sealant over where it's looks like it's pulling apart, or remove the old and put down new. To me it doesn't look like the roof is coming loose, just the sealant contracting and needing maintenance. Can't tell from the pictures about the membrane not being attached at the vents. Hard to get much perspective from photos.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The yellow areas are not fastened and not glued down any more. About 5" wide not fastened. The perimiter and all around anything mounted on the roof. AC, windows etc.