Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

23BHE mystery water leak

Hello,

I've been chasing down a slow drip/leak on our 23BHE for the past couple of trips this season. When we use the shower there is water that collects in the vapor barrier (not under belly) where the back wall of the trailer meets the floor. I've looked at the hot water tank, pulled the shower controls, looked in the access panel below the shower and found no signs of obvious water leaks. At this point my last idea is to pull the entire shower out to get a good look at everything but I thought I'd see if anyone had some knowledge before I do that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23bherear.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	46502
    Last edited by tundra21; 05-27-2023 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tundra21 View Post
    Hello,

I've been chasing down a slow drip/leak on our 23BHE for the past couple of trips this season. When we use the shower there is water that collects in the vapor barrier (not under belly) where the back wall of the trailer meets the floor. I've looked at the hot water tank, pulled the shower controls, looked in the access panel below the shower and found no signs of obvious water leaks. At this point my last idea is to pull the entire shower out to get a good look at everything but I thought I'd see if anyone had some knowledge before I do that.
    So just the shower? You could try running the shower into a bucket. That would tell you if the leak is in the plumbing or the shower enclosure. If there's no leak when running the shower into a bucket, the leak must be happening after the water leaves the shower head.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm assuming you also looked under the shower pan via that trap door? Might be time to drop part of the coroplast.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! I just came across this post and we have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM with our 21 2800BH! It's driving me nuts. I can't figure it out, either. It's ONLY when using the shower and stops when the shower is turned off. I've pulled the control valve out of the wall and found no evidence of leaking. I've also checked the drain/trap and found nothing there. I even siliconed all the wall fasteners thinking maybe some of them were weeping into the walls--not the issue either!

I am at the same point at you--I feel like I need to pull the walls/pan out to investigate. One interesting thing I DID find was a VERY small amount of water on the sub floor UNDER the pan. I stuck a hotdog roaster stick back in there with a paper towl tied to it to see if it came out wet--it had a very small amount of water on it. I can't figure out how it would get to that point under the pan in the back, though. I have inspected the pan with a flashlight tons of times and can't find ANY evidence of a crack, etc.

Anyone else have any thoughts? OP--do you have any updates? I have a video of mine leaking if it would be helpful for anyone to help us diagnose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a video of mine leaking--sounds just like the way the OP's is leaking?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a similar situation happening in my '22 21BHE. I noticed it a few weeks ago and put it back in storage. Next week I'll do some inspections and testing before our trip on the 19th. I'll post findings if I find anything. Mine was leaking down the low point drain lines and through a slight sag in the colorplast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more I've been thinking about it, the more I think it might be the supply lines to the mixer valve in the shower. It's not behind the mixer valve, so it might be down closer to where the supply line for the toilet comes out of the wall. The cold side probably feeds both the toilet and the cold side of the mixer valve. I bet it is leaking very very little when no water is flowing, but when the shower is on, the increased flow creates a much bigger leak at one of those fittings (since they are known to be poorly secured from the factory). I think I can remove the shelf bottom from the bottom shelf where the towels are stored behind the shower wall and look down into that cavity to inspect those fittings. If it IS that and I can't repair it from that access hole, worst case I could cut an access hole on the other side of the bathroom wall, which is under the bottom bunk/flip up storage area. I could put a plumbing access panel there or a vent or something like that...

That's my hope at least! I will hopefully be able to check this all out this coming weekend. I'll report back if I find anything.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following up with findings. Today I brought my trailer home and hooked it up with water to test before trip tomorrow. My plan was to fill up (2)5 gal buckets to test and see if the leak is on the supply line vs. the drain line. Knowing it was clean water I had my son 12 filling buckets while I opened the inspection hatch under the P-trap. I'm not a plumber but have replumbed several houses and have tons of experience with copper, galv, and pex. Expecting the worst this turned out to be the quickest repair on record!!! The drain must've worked loose during travel. Added some teflon tape and snugged it up. <1 min repair. Beer didn't even start to sweat. I'll monitor this weekend. https://imgbox.com/pI3Ri26T
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails leak.jpg  
    Last edited by LOWCOUNTRY; 10-18-2023 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOWCOUNTRY View Post
    Following up with findings. Today I brought my trailer home and hooked it up with water to test before trip tomorrow. My plan was to fill up (2)5 gal buckets to test and see if the leak is on the supply line vs. the drain line. Knowing it was clean water I had my son 12 filling buckets while I opened the inspection hatch under the P-trap. I'm not a plumber but have replumbed several houses and have tons of experience with copper, galv, and pex. Expecting the worst this turned out to be the quickest repair on record!!! The drain must've worked loose during travel. Added some teflon tape and snugged it up. <1 min repair. Beer didn't even start to sweat. I'll monitor this weekend. https://imgbox.com/pI3Ri26T
    Wow! That's awesome! Had you previously found evidence of a leak around the drain? I had my access panel open with the shower running and didn't notice any water, but admittedly I didn't feel around it thoroughly. Maybe I should do what you did and see if that resolved it!

Thanks for the update!