User Tag List

Thread: The Big one

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb The Big one

I have been RVing since 1992. During that time I pretty much saw the warrantees as maybe good for the the "Big one" IOW I just fixed all the little, and some not so little things myself, never thinking I would need the warranty
    I recently had the Big one occur on my Momentum. We had noticeable wall damage in the bedrom, and shuddering groaning when shifting the weight from the landing gear to the pin. cracks in the exterior walls and trim pulling away.I actually took a video of the wall moving against the nightstand.
    So after emptying the RV, we took it to our dealer Orangewood RV After quite a bit of time getting a proper diagnosis, it was determined that some bolts holding the upper deck to the frame were not installed. IMO, this was likely due to it being built at the height of the Covid drama. I know the plant had at least one closure that could have affected my unit. I can imagine a scenario where the line shut down for some time, and started back up weeks later, and that step just got missed.That is just my opinion of course.

I just picked it up after 5 months. The upper deck flex is now zero, and all items were fixed up better than new. Even some things I wasn't aware of. The general manager Brad at Orangewood RV personally handled everything pertaining to my repairs. Orangewood has some very good people working there. I will admit that I was nervous about them doing the work, but it turned out great. Grand Design did not try to shirk their responsibility at all. The stood up and did the right thing. The work order was 25 pages long! I think the cost was well into five figures. My cost was zero as it should be.
    So the warranty from Grand Design is for real. That coupled with a very good dealer made for a great outcome
    Of course I would have rathered that this did not happen, but it is good to know that there there are stand up people and companies out there.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy to hear everything turned out well. Even though it shouldn't have happened in the first place, I think that is what sets GD and a good dealer apart for many others. Wow, that must have been a huge job.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to hear. Thanks!
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I'm happy to hear everything turned out well. Even though it shouldn't have happened in the first place, I think that is what sets GD and a good dealer apart for many others. Wow, that must have been a huge job.
    Two of the slides had to be removed, the front cap, and the entire bedroom was removed thru where the cap was. The bedroom floor was pulled up..Interior and exterior wall panels replaced, Those are just the big items. Lots of little things.

I purposely did not post anything during the process. I did not want any internet drama until it was over. No matter how it turned out, I would have posted the result.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison