User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold 1210 to Frigidaire FRQG1721AV

I have a 2021 Reflection 260RD and I switched out my Norcold 1210 for a 17.4 cubic foot Frigidaire FRQG1721AV.

To get it to fit you have to remove the false floor, remove the upper 2” tall lip above the original fridge and move the wall next to the sofa 1”.

Norcold 1210 uses 8.73 kWh in a 24 hour period.
    Frigidaire 1721 uses 1.15 kWh in a 24 hour period.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2575.jpg  

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, but how many kWh does the Norcold use when on propane vs the Frigidaire?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey65 View Post
    I have a 2021 Reflection 260RD and I switched out my Norcold 1210 for a 17.4 cubic foot Frigidaire FRQG1721AV.

To get it to fit you have to remove the false floor, remove the upper 2” tall lip above the original fridge and move the wall next to the sofa 1”.

Norcold 1210 uses 8.73 kWh in a 24 hour period.
    Frigidaire 1721 uses 1.15 kWh in a 24 hour period.
    thanks for the post and the info.
    curious , we are looking at this exact fridge for replacing our norcold 1210 , did you consider a 12v fridge before deciding on the residential? are you running it on an inverter when not plugged in to shore power ? how has the fridge performed? also curious have you done any testing to see how long the fridge maintains temps once unplugged and how quick it looses cool while traveling? we plan to replace the fridge then add an inverter and auto transfer switch. we will eventually be adding solar and upgrading batteries. thanks in advance for any information you can offer. i try to do as much research as possible before making the purchase to ensure we go with the best option.
    US Air Force Retired
    Mike and Jean Mcloud Oklahoma
    2021 Ram Tradesman 3500 CCLB 4x4 Srw 6.4HEMI
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jalapeno1965 View Post
    thanks for the post and the info.
    curious , we are looking at this exact fridge for replacing our norcold 1210 , did you consider a 12v fridge before deciding on the residential? are you running it on an inverter when not plugged in to shore power ? how has the fridge performed? also curious have you done any testing to see how long the fridge maintains temps once unplugged and how quick it looses cool while traveling? we plan to replace the fridge then add an inverter and auto transfer switch. we will eventually be adding solar and upgrading batteries. thanks in advance for any information you can offer. i try to do as much research as possible before making the purchase to ensure we go with the best option.
    I have a 12/3000/120 Victron Multiplus II that is always running so I never considered a 12v. Plus a residential costs much less than a 12v.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey65 View Post
    I have a 12/3000/120 Victron Multiplus II that is always running so I never considered a 12v. Plus a residential costs much less than a 12v.
    But does it really cost less once you factor in the battery additions, and add-ons necessary to be able to run that residential when off shore power?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S