User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 303 Inverter Install

I'm planning on installing an inverter in my 303RLS. I want to use the inverter when we have no shore power. Can anyone see anything wrong with the picture I've posted. Basically, I have a 50 amp camper that will have L1 & L2 in an auto transfer switch. Currently, I have the "converter" powered off L2 leg of the 50 amp service (on a 15 amp breaker). I want to feed that to the inverter (basically for charging the batteries) and feed the output of the inverter back to the transfer on L1 only. I would not be using the pass-through feature of the inverter because the power to the transfer switch would be dead ended until the shore power goes away.
    Attachment 46539
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot 2023-05-28 at 2.25.09 PM.png  

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might help if you say which inverter you're using. I'm not sure I understand the converter feeding the inverter to charge the batteries. Might be easier to setup a bus bar for your 12v system and wire the converter output to the bus bar. The converter output is 12v (actually more, but you know what I mean).
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an Inverter / Charger. The charger part is for charging the batteries. The diagram is meant to show that the "original" breaker that was feeding the converter (which would be removed and replaced with the Inverter / Charger) is where the new device (Inverter / Charger) would get its AC input. The model of the inverter / charger shouldn't matter, but it is a SunGold 3000W inverter / charger. No AC feed through, but the output of the inverter (when shore power is lost or not connected) would feed the transfer switch.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Level2Programmer View Post
    It's an Inverter / Charger. The charger part is for charging the batteries. The diagram is meant to show that the "original" breaker that was feeding the converter (which would be removed and replaced with the Inverter / Charger) is where the new device (Inverter / Charger) would get its AC input. The model of the inverter / charger shouldn't matter, but it is a SunGold 3000W inverter / charger. No AC feed through, but the output of the inverter (when shore power is lost or not connected) would feed the transfer switch.
    I think that clears it up, your original post made it seem like you are using the stock converter in conjunction with an inverter charger, but that isn't the case.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH