Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new trailer

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new trailer

I just got a new grand design imagine 2970rl their a 2 things I don't like about it fiat ia the queen bed i can't believe how hard it is not even a mattress topper helped I had to go buy a new one I have never had a trailer that had this bad of a bed of bed and this is my 4th one and also it came with the ability to moniter my tire pressure but they don't give the things that go on the valve stems whats up with that and the new ones don't have a dvd with it now I always thought grand design was suppost to high end yet these thing are missing or cheap
    give

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most RVers complain about the original mattress. As far as tire pressure monitors go, I suppose the salesperson would be the one to deal with that.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum, and I hope you get your issues resolved soon. I do have a question though, did you not check out the trailer before purchase and realize the things you mentioned? Beds/mattresses are a personal choice, just as it is in your house....sometimes the one that comes in the trailer will work for that person, sometimes not. The manufacturer, GD, has no idea what the end user prefers....hard, soft, or somewhere in between, so that part of it is a crap shoot. The tire monitoring thing is similar to the the rear view camera prep....the wiring and base is there, you provide the camera. DVD player...that too can be a personal preference. We have one in ours (2018 model) and it's never been used by us....but my ROKU player that I bought for it sure gets a workout sometimes.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bed is subjective. We didn't swap out the mattress in our 22MLE because we both slept so well in it. Neither could believe we actually like the mattress that came with the camper; that's never happened before. However, after a year of use it was ready for replacement. When we replaced the 22MLE with the 23LDE, same thing happened; mattress is great. But we expect to only get a year out of it.

Just a tip...if you use punctuation in your posts, others will have an easier time reading them.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark ingle View Post
    I just got a new grand design imagine 2970rl their a 2 things I don't like about it fiat ia the queen bed i can't believe how hard it is not even a mattress topper helped I had to go buy a new one I have never had a trailer that had this bad of a bed of bed and this is my 4th one and also it came with the ability to moniter my tire pressure but they don't give the things that go on the valve stems whats up with that and the new ones don't have a dvd with it now I always thought grand design was suppost to high end yet these thing are missing or cheap
    give
    Welcome to the group!

If those are your biggest issues then you got a good trailer. Imagine is the middle of the classes for a travel trailer. Grand Designs high end is the Solitude and Momentum lines.

Their Travel Trailers are not high end. Transcend - entry level, Imagine - Mid level, Reflection - a step above Imagine but not high end either.

Please don't take offense to this but your post was difficult to follow, a bit of punctuation would help.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a foam mattress in mine for about $400 bucks and its been great. We immediately replaced the stock mattress and knew all along that was going to happen. Happy now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put a 3 inch topper on ours so it's a little more forgiving but I prefer a harder bed anyway. I'm not a fan of the radius corners though but I guess it makes getting around the bed somewhat easier.

I agree with the criticisms of the sound system as the little box is actually very useless.

I agree with the punctuation part as well.
    2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
    2023 F-350 7.3 XLT Crew Cab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guessing you didn't check the bed out before you bought it? Mattresses are a personal taste item IMO. As mentioned the dealer should've made sure you have the TPMS package.
    DVD player? Anymore you have to do your homework. The supply line changes all the time. Guessing you didn't check that either before you bought it. You can tell by looking at it that it's too small to play a DVD.

Imagine "High End"? Not even close. It's in the bottom tier but higher than others there. In fact GD doesn't make a high end unit. That would be units like a Riverstone, DRV, Luxe, etc. Probably wouldn't put Riverstone in the same category as the other two but they're IMO higher end than a Solitude.
    Last edited by goducks14; 05-29-2023 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 inch topper on our original mattress and sleep very comfortably
    The tire linc system isn’t good so buy another imo

Digital media is the future. Most things don’t have DVD players. We never use ours
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark ingle View Post
    give
    Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum!

As others have stated, look at mattress toppers or replacements. We got a new mattress as well. Very happy with that decision. As far as dvd, ours came with a Furrion all purpose player, radio, dvd player, Bluetooth hunk of junk. We just added our own Apple TV and dedicated dvd player with sound bar.

Based on what you told us you got a pretty clean rig so far, minor issues.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast