User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no experience with the 22RBE but our 22MLE came in a little over 5300 lbs for sticker dry weight (published is 5176 lbs) and around 520 lbs (496 lbs published) for the tongue based on my WeighSafe hitch. The extra weight is from the solar and other added options. I have not weighed the trailer but adding the calculated weights for the battery and all of our stuff we are sitting somewhere between 5800 and 5900 lbs. My tongue weight varies some due to trip consumables but has been between 720 and 760 lbs according to the hitch weight scale. We don't have a nearby scale but I intend to weigh the truck and trailer when we take a trip that passes a CAT scale to get the real numbers but I don't expect them to be that far off from my calculations.

Your truck should be fine. I have 1641 lbs of available payload. With my wife, myself, hitch and stuff we carry that leaves us with 1141 lbs available to carry the trailer tongue and is still over our hitch receiver rating of 1100 lbs maximum tongue weight (with WDH). I feel quite comfortable with the buffer of 300'ish lbs from where we are compared to the maximum rating. My towing experience would agree as the trailer stays inline without any sway and without the truck bottoming out on bumps.
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2023 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember the tongue weight is subtracted from the cargo capacity of the truck. The difference is what is left for people and cargo loaded into the truck.

We upgraded to a 3/4-ton truck (not diesel) with over 4K lbs cargo capacity and over 14K towing capacity. May be overkill for the 22RBE we have, but we feel much better towing with this bigger truck than we did the prior tow vehicle (even though it had the towing capacity, cargo capacity and size of the vehicle were the main issues). We may need to upgrade to a 1-ton if we ever decide to get the Reflection 315RLTS that my husband wants so bad (but I am not ready to pull the trigger on that yet...we just got this truck a year ago, and I am not buying another one until these crazy prices come down, which they are starting to do).
    Stacie S.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2022 RAM 2500 Limited, Crew Cab, 6.4L Hemi.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duranie225 View Post
    Remember the tongue weight is subtracted from the cargo capacity of the truck. The difference is what is left for people and cargo loaded into the truck.

We upgraded to a 3/4-ton truck (not diesel) with over 4K lbs cargo capacity and over 14K towing capacity. May be overkill for the 22RBE we have, but we feel much better towing with this bigger truck than we did the prior tow vehicle (even though it had the towing capacity, cargo capacity and size of the vehicle were the main issues). We may need to upgrade to a 1-ton if we ever decide to get the Reflection 315RLTS that my husband wants so bad (but I am not ready to pull the trigger on that yet...we just got this truck a year ago, and I am not buying another one until these crazy prices come down, which they are starting to do).
    How did you get over 4000 lbs of cargo in a 2500 Hemi Limited? I had an 18 ram 2500 Tradesman CC LB 4x4 6.4 and had IIRC 2976 lbs for CCC. My 2019 ram 2wd diesel has 4552 lbs for CCC. Whats your door sticker say?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    How did you get over 4000 lbs of cargo in a 2500 Hemi Limited? I had an 18 ram 2500 Tradesman CC LB 4x4 6.4 and had IIRC 2976 lbs for CCC. My 2019 ram 2wd diesel has 4552 lbs for CCC. Whats your door sticker say?
    Towing is 14,640 lbs. I had to scroll far into my photos on my phone to find the numbers. Payload is actually 3,047 lbs. Okay, I was off by about 1000 lbs, but even that 3,047 is more than enough, with lots of cargo capacity left over after subtracting the tongue weight, he and I, and anything we load into the truck, which isn't much. Compared to the less than 1,100 lbs we had before, this is a huge difference. The Tradesman was likely a 4x4, which lessens payload. This Limited is a 4x2 (hubby didn't want a 4x4).
    Stacie S.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2022 RAM 2500 Limited, Crew Cab, 6.4L Hemi.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duranie225 View Post
    Towing is 14,640 lbs. I had to scroll far into my photos on my phone to find the numbers. Payload is actually 3,047 lbs. Okay, I was off by about 1000 lbs, but even that 3,047 is more than enough, with lots of cargo capacity left over after subtracting the tongue weight, he and I, and anything we load into the truck, which isn't much. Compared to the less than 1,100 lbs we had before, this is a huge difference. The Tradesman was likely a 4x4, which lessens payload. This Limited is a 4x2 (hubby didn't want a 4x4).
    3047 sounds more like it LOL. Yeah 2wd vs 4wd is about 300 lbs.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    3047 sounds more like it LOL. Yeah 2wd vs 4wd is about 300 lbs.
    FWIW, our 2021 Ram 2500 Tradesman, Hemi engine, crew cab, short bed, 4x4, has 3186.31 lbs payload (gotta love that level of specificity ). Tows our 2021 22RBE with no problems using an Anderson WDH. The only things I don't like is the 31 gallon tank and not having Apple CarPlay.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

follow Up

Quote Originally Posted by alias100 View Post
    FWIW, our 2021 Ram 2500 Tradesman, Hemi engine, crew cab, short bed, 4x4, has 3186.31 lbs payload (gotta love that level of specificity ). Tows our 2021 22RBE with no problems using an Anderson WDH. The only things I don't like is the 31 gallon tank and not having Apple CarPlay.
    I had our 22RBE delivered from the dealer about 25 miles away. The delivery guy showed up in a F450 dually, no WDH, no sag. I asked him if he could even tell the trailer was back there -"No" he said with a grin.
    When I was shopping for our tow vehicle / work truck / daily driver, (January of this year) it seemed like all the new ones had so many of the gadgets omitted - both F150s and F250s included - or they didn't have the right combo of options for towing anything. Not to mention they were asking $5K to $10K OVER MSRP. I just happened to find an F150 with all the cameras, trailer assist, navigation, etc., that an old guy like me needs for the days the arthritis won't let be turn my head to back up a trailer like a 30-year-old. Odd you don't have CarPlay - is it because you couldn't get it? Most of the new Ford trucks had the Sirius and Navigation stripped out but did have Android Auto and CarPlay. Mine is not MAX Tow, but it does have the Tow Package, a 11,600-pound hitch, 36-gallon tank, and factory tow mirrors. My 1746 lb. payload isn't great, but it's workable from what I can tell. I got it as a Ford factory certified used truck, with only 5400 miles on it. Story was the first owner custom ordered it and then after the fact switched to a 10,000 GVWR camper. So back to the dealer for a 3/4 ton for him. I'll be using the Andersen hitch too. Would already be setting it up but they sent the wrong version - 2" ball instead of 2-5/16", and 6" drop rise instead of the 4".

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mlee52554 View Post
    Odd you don't have CarPlay - is it because you couldn't get it?[/U] Most of the new Ford trucks had the Sirius and Navigation stripped out but did have Android Auto and CarPlay.
    Glad to see you could get what you wanted. We were looking for a truck late spring 2021, just when the demand was high and the supply low. We couldn't find what we wanted in stock, but the dealer had already ordered this one so we had them put our name on it. It was the Tradesman, ordered with the packages we wanted, and has the 5" UConnect radio (base model with no CarPlay). We didn't care enough about that to order a custom truck and wait an indeterminate time for it. It is also nice to have 3100 lbs payload, we don't even have to think about what we put in the trailer and the truck bed. The interior is not as nice as upper models and doesn't have all the bells and whistles but works fine for us. We like the Anderson hitch, easy to set up and not a lot of squeaking like on some hitches.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12