Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 Solitude 378MBS Mid-bunk Slide Retraction Delay

Grand Design Friends/Techs,

We have had our 2022 378MBS for a year and have encountered a new issue with our mid-bunk slide.

When trying to depart, we try and retract the mid-bunk, refer, and dining table slide (slide #1 ) and it won't retract. It will extend but, will not cycle to retract until you extend/retract a few times.

I have been diligent with lubricating the moving parts and seals so, this sounds electrical or hydraulic to me.

Has anyone come across this issue? If so, what did you do to address? I haven't been able to find any kind of schematic online to wire trace back to the pump. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

v/r

Tod
    U.S. Navy Retired
    Haz, Gin, CD, and CE

2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2022 GDRV Solitude 378MBS

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haznavy View Post
    Grand Design Friends/Techs,

We have had our 2022 378MBS for a year and have encountered a new issue with our mid-bunk slide.

When trying to depart, we try and retract the mid-bunk, refer, and dining table slide (slide #1 ) and it won't retract. It will extend but, will not cycle to retract until you extend/retract a few times.

I have been diligent with lubricating the moving parts and seals so, this sounds electrical or hydraulic to me.

Has anyone come across this issue? If so, what did you do to address? I haven't been able to find any kind of schematic online to wire trace back to the pump. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

v/r

Tod
    Have you checked the hydraulic fluid in the tank?

They are all driven by the hydraulic system, so maybe the fluid is low or you somehow got air into the lines.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Have you checked the hydraulic fluid in the tank?

They are all driven by the hydraulic system, so maybe the fluid is low or you somehow got air into the lines.
    huntr70,

Yes, diligent in all of my preventative maintenance and fluid checks. Turned out to be the main fwd/rvs solenoid (TROMBETTA 214-1211-A61-06
    CONTACTOR 12V DC REVERSING POLARITY main solenoid). In the future, I will have one on hand and go straight to this part as it is often the main cause.
    U.S. Navy Retired
    Haz, Gin, CD, and CE

2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2022 GDRV Solitude 378MBS