Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImagineTL View Post
    Update: I’ve ran a seperate wire from the ground lug itself to the switch to rule out a bad ground - bill would the switch still work when hooked to my pickup if it was bad ?
    No, it wouldn’t. It’s a function of how much voltage it gets in versus how much comes out. If when connected to your truck it tips the scale it might, but most likely not.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    No, it wouldn’t. It’s a function of how much voltage it gets in versus how much comes out. If when connected to your truck it tips the scale it might, but most likely not.

Bill
    Well it works when hooked to my truck so that would rule out the switch I imagine. I can’t for the life of my figure out why the voltage goes to 0 when I hit the switch and it’s not hooked to my truck, I would lean toward a battery issue if the voltage was way low or if anything else in the trailer had issues

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the trailer inside lights work when disconnected from any power source? Turn them all on and see if they stay bright for 10 or 15 minutes. If they work then you have a problem with the wiring from the batteries to the switch/motor. Again my guess is your batteries sound like they are depleted. With no input from truck or plug, measure across positive and negative on one battery and hit the switch, what is the voltage?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by TXkmpr View Post
    Do the trailer inside lights work when disconnected from any power source? Turn them all on and see if they stay bright for 10 or 15 minutes. If they work then you have a problem with the wiring from the batteries to the switch/motor. Again my guess is your batteries sound like they are depleted. With no input from truck or plug, measure across positive and negative on one battery and hit the switch, what is the voltage?
    Everything works, I even just recently had the refrigerator running off the batteries for about 8 hours while heading home from a trip with zero issues

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know the voltage across the battery prior to activating switch and when activating the switch, no truck and no house plug and we will go from there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12