Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tongue jack issues

Morning ! I’ve recently encountered an issue with the tongue jack on my 2019 imagine, the jack is LCI model 1817941. It worked great up until my last trip in between camp grounds it decided to stop working unless it’s hooked to my truck. I figured it was just a fuse but the fuse is fine, I pulled the cover off the jack and checked voltage and I’m getting 12.9 at the switch, and I know the switch is fine because the jack will work when hooked to my truck.. I thought maybe a bad ground but the jack uses the frame it’s bolted to as the ground. I’m pretty lost at this point since I have good voltage, the switch works and the jack works while hooked to the truck… any ideas!? Thanks !

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably just your battery. I would measure the voltage across the battery when pressing the switch. If it drops way down then your battery is toast or needs to be charged.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 4 Lipo battery bank that runs to a Victron inverter, I have no other “electrical issues “ other than the tongue jack.. I would guess the light on the tongue jack would be minimal draw but even that doesn’t turn on 🤔 I will try what you recommend just to rule that out ! Thanks for the response.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImagineTL View Post
    I have a 4 Lipo battery bank that runs to a Victron inverter, I have no other “electrical issues “ other than the tongue jack.. I would guess the light on the tongue jack would be minimal draw but even that doesn’t turn on [emoji848] I will try what you recommend just to rule that out ! Thanks for the response.
    Check the output side of the switch. It’s either the motor itself or the switch.

I had an issue with mine when I first got it home. Kept tripping the circuit breaker. Called the dealer and they told me to put an 80 amp breaker in. Survey says…xxxxxx. Called the Como for the tongue jack and they replaced it no questions asked.

Honestly can only be a few things like I mentioned earlier.

Good Luck
    Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I’ll dig into the switch a little more today, didn’t do much troubleshooting there because it runs fine when hooked to my truck, I know that there is no breaker tripped because I have voltage at the unit. Maybe I’ll just order a new jack and see if that solves the problem, I’d not I’ll return it haha!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. Probably just the wire from the batteries to the jack. Follow the positive wire from the jack and through the fuse to the batteries. Probably just a bad connection.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so voltage at the switch this morning is 13.76 while hooked to 15a shore power to charge the batteries, disconnected from shore power it is still 13.7 - no response from jack and when I hit the ext or retract is goes to complete 0…. Hooked to my truck with the truck off is 12.93 with response at the switch (can lower and raise) and the voltage drop will hit about 10.5 then level out after the initial draw. Why would it be hitting 0 when not hooked to the pickup, wouldn’t that mean a bad ground? The jack only has a positive wire running to it and uses the frame as a ground …? I’m so lost haha

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The light even works when hooked to the truck

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImagineTL View Post
    Ok so voltage at the switch this morning is 13.76 while hooked to 15a shore power to charge the batteries, disconnected from shore power it is still 13.7 - no response from jack and when I hit the ext or retract is goes to complete 0…. Hooked to my truck with the truck off is 12.93 with response at the switch (can lower and raise) and the voltage drop will hit about 10.5 then level out after the initial draw. Why would it be hitting 0 when not hooked to the pickup, wouldn’t that mean a bad ground? The jack only has a positive wire running to it and uses the frame as a ground …? I’m so lost haha
    Sounds like a bad switch.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I’ve ran a seperate wire from the ground lug itself to the switch to rule out a bad ground - bill would the switch still work when hooked to my pickup if it was bad ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast