User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2970RL Intermittent slide-out failure

I have a 2021 2970RL that has an intermittent slide-out failure. When I attempt to extend the slide only one motor works. The motor on the other side does not and consequently the slide only moves a few inches on the one side before coming to a stop. I am then able to bring it back in. I found the wire connection to the bad side and unplugged it. After plugging it back in everything works and I am able to extend the slide. Any suggestions? Apparently the motor is not bad as it evetually works OK. Not sure where to start looking.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kstrege View Post
    I have a 2021 2970RL that has an intermittent slide-out failure. When I attempt to extend the slide only one motor works. The motor on the other side does not and consequently the slide only moves a few inches on the one side before coming to a stop. I am then able to bring it back in. I found the wire connection to the bad side and unplugged it. After plugging it back in everything works and I am able to extend the slide. Any suggestions? Apparently the motor is not bad as it evetually works OK. Not sure where to start looking.
    Sounds like you may have a bad connection in the wiring harness. This is more common than one might think. The good news is that it is relatively simple to change the harness. But first, try cleaning all of the contacts. And searching the forum could let you see how others have dealt with similar issues.

BTW, it looks like this is your first post, welcome to the forum.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2022 2970RL had EXACT problem. The fireplace side would hang. I had to be inside and pull on the moulding to get the slide to come in. I called GD and they replaced the entire slide system and indicated there was a failure in the original build I had. No cost !
    2024 Brinkley z2900
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2022 GD 2970RL (Sold, 2023-Oct)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold. 2022-May)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here. The front motor on my '21 Imagine 2970RL stalls. Traced the problem to the connector. Sometimes, simply pulling the plug and reconnecting will work for a while. Cleaning the contacts doesn't seem to help. I even tried bending the pins for the hall sensor slightly to make better contact. I thought I had solved the problem, but failed again today.