User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How loud is the Victron Multiplus 2 x 120

Hi folks, nearing the time to start adding the devices to my rig. Solar is installed and run to the front, batteries are in place. Now need to start the rest of the electrical runs and device mock-up.

I have a 315rlts, so not too many places to put it. It takes significant space in the singular pass through, so I started mocking up in the curbside front closet. Need to know before I go too far with it how loud it is and if the closet is a mistake.

Those that have this brand please help. I have heard super quiet to loud screeching fans under high load. Let me know your experience.

Thanks,
    Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Hi folks, nearing the time to start adding the devices to my rig. Solar is installed and run to the front, batteries are in place. Now need to start the rest of the electrical runs and device mock-up.

I have a 315rlts, so not too many places to put it. It takes significant space in the singular pass through, so I started mocking up in the curbside front closet. Need to know before I go too far with it how loud it is and if the closet is a mistake.

Those that have this brand please help. I have heard super quiet to loud screeching fans under high load. Let me know your experience.

Thanks,
    Bill
    I've never heard loud screeching fans, but depending on the load, you will most certainly hear it in the closet. Loud is subjective, but I will assure you it's not quiet. I could hear the hum in the bedroom from the gen bay. It's not GenSet loud, but if you're sensitive to noise...

You might want to set up prior to installing to see for yourself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 303RLS and the Multiplus 2x120 is located in the front compartment with the batteries. Inverting or charging, I don't even know that it's there.
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post

Thanks,
    Bill
    Ours is under the bathroom in the passthrough on our 310 and I've never heard it. It will hum a bit (from the transformer) when heavy battery charging is happening or there is an inductive load such as a motor. The internal fan will turn on when there is a heavy AC load, but most likely whatever you are running will drown that out (such as an air conditioner). Put a small fan in the closet and see if you think that will bother you. If not, it will probably be OK. IMO it is not any worse than the Norcold fridge.

Brian
    Brian and Lisa - Longmont, CO
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2022 F350 Lariat DRW Powerstroke
    Firestone airbags - WirelessOne Airlift
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone form your inputs, much appreciated.
    @A.Texas.Yankee, thanks for your suggestion. I will mock it up for noise.

Thanks
    Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same as me and I never hear it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not same trailer as yours, but our multiplus is mounted under the bed in ours and no noise issues at all
    GMC 2500 HD Gas
    GD Imagine XLS22 MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours in under the bed separated by 3/4" plywood which it hangs on, and the thin panel that separates the bedroom and storage bay. When it's charging at 90-120 amps the fan gets humming. Not enough to keep us awake for certain, but we also run a fan for air movement and white noise. However, you may find that you'll want an exhaust fan in the storage bay as that equipment can really heat things up. That fan is louder than the Victron for sure. But again, not enough to keep us awake at night.
    Side note: I bought a fan that mounts at the wall and exhausts down through the floor in the storage bay. I figure it will help to exhaust that warm air into the belly during cold weather camping. It's controlled by temperature sensor on the 110v plug. May switch it to 12v at some point but we have enough battery capacity that so far I haven't been concerned about leaving everything on all the time.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How loud is the Victron Multiplus 2 x 120

Thanks all for awesome inputs. I will put a thermally controlled fan in the compartment. I do plan to close it in a bit with clear plexiglass so I an hoping that is enough to quell any hum or loud fan noise. In plan to get 3 wire multi speed fans.

I am nearly done with the 12 volt side and solar. Hopefully in the coming weeks I can make it pretty and do the switchover to solar and Lifepo4.

All wiring done now. In the make it pretty stage.

Thanks,
    Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS