Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New owner, couple of questions

Greetings all, just purchased a very well cared for 2019 GD 2970RL. We love it and have been trying to familiarize ourselves with everything. I've learned a lot from just snooping around on this forum, everyone is so helpful. two questions:
    1. The TV channel search doesn't seem to pick up anything, is there a switch somewhere to turn on the antenna?
    2. The gate valve to drain the freshwater tank has a leak. Is this a standard size valve similar to the grey and black water valves or is there a special size or type for this?

thanks,

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdean61 View Post
    Greetings all, just purchased a very well cared for 2019 GD 2970RL. We love it and have been trying to familiarize ourselves with everything. I've learned a lot from just snooping around on this forum, everyone is so helpful. two questions:
    1. The TV channel search doesn't seem to pick up anything, is there a switch somewhere to turn on the antenna?
    2. The gate valve to drain the freshwater tank has a leak. Is this a standard size valve similar to the grey and black water valves or is there a special size or type for this?

thanks,
    Usually behind the tv is the antenna booster. Make sure that button is pressed on and the red light is on.

As far as the low point drain, many have replaced those valves with different valves. GD parts locator can help get the right part or you can call GD with your vin and they can provide the part number.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owners...s/parts-lookup

Good Luck,
    Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Booster is located in with the stereo. Same as @Redapple63 said though, push the button and the red light should come on. Be aware though, if you are on cable the booster has to be off. AS for the drain for the fresh water, mine is a 2". I have no Idea what yours might be - can't help there.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Found it. Kinda dark back there and no help what,whatsoever in the owners manual.