User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie Here - 2018 Imagine 2600RB

Hello fellow GD owners. We are purchasing this trailer and thought we would reach out to all the experts. I've read a lot of great things about Grand Design and that is what made us decide upon it. Any common issues we should be aware of or things to look for? I don't know a lot about roofs, but I do know they are important. I didn't see any holes in the sealant or anything like that. It all looked good. But was wondering about the edges. It looks like there is something on the side that is starting to pull away. Is this normal?

Thanks!

James

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230528_111117.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	46550Wow, the picture looks very different after uploading for some reason. It makes it look like the roof is pulling up, but actually, it curves under the outside part and the outside is a little pulled away.
    Last edited by SaintJD; 05-29-2023 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Address picture

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintJD View Post
    Hello fellow GD owners. We are purchasing this trailer and thought we would reach out to all the experts. I've read a lot of great things about Grand Design and that is what made us decide upon it. Any common issues we should be aware of or things to look for? I don't know a lot about roofs, but I do know they are important. I didn't see any holes in the sealant or anything like that. It all looked good. But was wondering about the edges. It looks like there is something on the side that is starting to pull away. Is this normal?

Thanks!

James

Name:	20230528_111117.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	46550Wow, the picture looks very different after uploading for some reason. It makes it look like the roof is pulling up, but actually, it curves under the outside part and the outside is a little pulled away.
    First off, welcome to the forum. From the picture, I can't say much about your roof. But it can't hurt to seal everything up well with some lap sealant.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to make out much detail, whether that's the edge of the roof, edge of the siding, or what it exactly is. But whatever it is, it isn't sealed. Best to check very carefully in that area. Is that the only area like that?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Hard to make out much detail, whether that's the edge of the roof, edge of the siding, or what it exactly is. But whatever it is, it isn't sealed. Best to check very carefully in that area. Is that the only area like that?
    From what I have seen on a YouTube video, this seems to be where the top of the roof curves over the wall panel. The other piece is the gutter attached to it. Apparently not a big issue, but intend to run a bead of sealant to be safe.

Thanks!

James

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	20230528_111116.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	46558Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230528_111116.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	46558

This should be a better picture.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, so the black thing is the gutter?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S