User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the fuse have to manually reset it?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had similar issue after running down the battery when power to the RV was lost for a day and the battery drained down. The level up system display was still dead after power was restored and battery was recharged.

My fix was to disconnect the battery terminals for 1/2 hour, then reconnect the battery terminals. Then the system display came alive again. It’s worth a try.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I had similar issue after running down the battery when power to the RV was lost for a day and the battery drained down. The level up system display was still dead after power was restored and battery was recharged.

My fix was to disconnect the battery terminals for 1/2 hour, then reconnect the battery terminals. Then the system display came alive again. It’s worth a try.
    To add on. Just Disconnecting the battery with the disconnect switch does not remove all power from the level up system. You must remove a cable from the battery to remove all power from the system. Then that will allow a total power off, power on to reset the level up.
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry & Linda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had something similar happen to us two years ago on a long cross country trip in our 2019 320 MKS. Went to pull up and head to our next Harvest Host stop near Branson and the level system display would not come on. Did my normal "what do I do now?" internet research with no solutions proving helpful. Called GD tech support and they had me try some things - multimeter testing, etc. Still couldn't get the jacks up so we could get down the road so I manually raised them and re-connected to my tow vehicle and off we went albeit two hours late on a ten hour drive.

You won't believe how this story ends. I called the HH host to let them know we'd be pulling in after dark and apologized. The host asked what brand of fifth wheel I had and I told him. He has 5-6 level, graveled, RV pads (50 amp WITH water) on his farm. He said "You're in luck - I just happen to have a Grand Design tech staying here tonight. Come on in and we'll get you fixed up". We rolled in and out comes a fellow with a headlamp on and he asks "What's the problem?". Long (unbelievable) story short, he did some more meter testing and in about ten minutes he found the problem. The main power lead to the level system had somehow melted at the connection (wish I had taken photos but I didn't). He re-wired the connection and the display lit up like Christmas! We were back in business.

And get this - the tech refused any kind of payment as did the HH host for our night's stay. He said that hosting RVer's was his ministry and he was glad we could stay the night. We did find a way to repay them on the sly but how does that happen? There are still good people in this country and God does bless! Good luck and stay safe! Mark

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you much.
    2019 Solitude 310gk
    2021 Ram 3500 Limited Longhorn
    SRW 8ft.bed
    Cummins 6.7 Lift Master 7500 bags B&W Companion

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Had something similar happen to us two years ago on a long cross country trip in our 2019 320 MKS. Went to pull up and head to our next Harvest Host stop near Branson and the level system display would not come on. Did my normal "what do I do now?" internet research with no solutions proving helpful. Called GD tech support and they had me try some things - multimeter testing, etc. Still couldn't get the jacks up so we could get down the road so I manually raised them and re-connected to my tow vehicle and off we went albeit two hours late on a ten hour drive.

You won't believe how this story ends. I called the HH host to let them know we'd be pulling in after dark and apologized. The host asked what brand of fifth wheel I had and I told him. He has 5-6 level, graveled, RV pads (50 amp WITH water) on his farm. He said "You're in luck - I just happen to have a Grand Design tech staying here tonight. Come on in and we'll get you fixed up". We rolled in and out comes a fellow with a headlamp on and he asks "What's the problem?". Long (unbelievable) story short, he did some more meter testing and in about ten minutes he found the problem. The main power lead to the level system had somehow melted at the connection (wish I had taken photos but I didn't). He re-wired the connection and the display lit up like Christmas! We were back in business.

And get this - the tech refused any kind of payment as did the HH host for our night's stay. He said that hosting RVer's was his ministry and he was glad we could stay the night. We did find a way to repay them on the sly but how does that happen? There are still good people in this country and God does bless! Good luck and stay safe! Mark
    Unbelievable
    2019 Solitude 310gk
    SRW 8ft.bed

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fuse for the level controller is well hidden on my Solitude. It is behind a black panel in the front storage compartment. This is for the controller, not the actual power fuse for the hydraulics. If the hydraulics for the legs trips out you need to upgrade from a 50 amp circuit breaker to at least 80 amps, maybe 100. I had a dealer do this on my unit. The fuse is most likely the issue if the controller is dead. The black panel comes off pretty easy and the fuse is right there. I forget the size, but it is a typical slow blow fuse.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much.This will be the first thing I check.
    2019 Solitude 310gk
    SRW 8ft.bed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 2021 310gkr I finally found my fuse tucked in with several other wires in the corner near the hydraulic pump close to the floor in a little black plastic case.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast