User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solar cables to roof. Reflection 303

I have a 2018 reflection 303rls I’m looking for easiest path for solar cabling to the roof.
    I will probably place the batteries in front storage, and victron multiplus in pass thru storage. I am following the sticky guidelines as posted in the affordable solar thread.
    I plan to use the residential panels, I don’t need a full on off grid size system for my camper, but I think 800w and 3000w inverter will do what I need. I plan to upgrade to a 12v refrigerator at some point in future, as well. Thanks,Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportzfann View Post
    I have a 2018 reflection 303rls I’m looking for easiest path for solar cabling to the roof.
    I will probably place the batteries in front storage, and victron multiplus in pass thru storage. I am following the sticky guidelines as posted in the affordable solar thread.
    I plan to use the residential panels, I don’t need a full on off grid size system for my camper, but I think 800w and 3000w inverter will do what I need. I plan to upgrade to a 12v refrigerator at some point in future, as well. Thanks,Brian
    This guy has an interesting video about installing solar on a 2017 303RLS. He opens the bathroom wall behind the toilet to run the solar cables to the basement.
    See attached link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjdpf67wW-8

Hope this helps.
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada Eh!
    2018 303RLS
    2008 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_303RLS View Post
    This guy has an interesting video about installing solar on a 2017 303RLS. He opens the bathroom wall behind the toilet to run the solar cables to the basement.
    See attached link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjdpf67wW-8

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the tip I will watch that thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mark, did you find a way to run the cables down to the storage area? I too have a 2018 303rls, and is looking for a way to the storage area?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportzfann View Post
    I found another path to the roof from the basement storage, I added a 8x8 pullbox on the roof I installed a 3/4” liquidtite flex so I could pull more cable later if needed. I didn’t want to pull the bath wall open if I didn’t have to.
    2017 F-350 King Ranch Dually
    2018 303RLS
    400ah/Multiplus2x120 1300w solar now
    Recently Retired Jan 2024

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fobrnno View Post
    Hey mark, did you find a way to run the cables down to the storage area? I too have a 2018 303rls, and is looking for a way to the storage area?
    I followed the path shown in the video. Pulled the bathroom panel back to get good clear access. Also made for no surprises when drilling into the roof.
    I did leave an additional pull cord behind to make adding additional cables at a later date easier.
    Good luck with your project.
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada Eh!
    2018 303RLS
    2008 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax