User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window can't/won't, just refuses to stay up!

Soooo,this week's issue is the window in my slide out next to recliners won't stay up. (up and down window not a crank out)🤔 (2018 Solitude 344GK) The spring-y thing is intact. I googled this and was kind of miffed that there is really nothing out there about it!! Put it to facebook solitude page and they contributed the pins were broke but no solution was found. One guy said he is using a wooden spoon......my kind of guy!!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I got to the end of your post , a piece of wood came to mind. If the choice is between replacing the window or having it fall, wood is the perfect solution for a frustrating problem.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you feel the pin go in the hole?
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjack View Post
    Soooo,this week's issue is the window in my slide out next to recliners won't stay up. (up and down window not a crank out)�� (2018 Solitude 344GK) The spring-y thing is intact. I googled this and was kind of miffed that there is really nothing out there about it!! Put it to facebook solitude page and they contributed the pins were broke but no solution was found. One guy said he is using a wooden spoon......my kind of guy!!
    Yeah, we have one window (next to the recliners) that the little tiny plastic pins on the end of the latches that engage in the window track have broken off. I have not yet found the correct replacement window latches to repair it. You have to be careful to hold the latches firmly in when opening and closing the window, don't let the latches go out when raising or lowering the window, it will snap the tiny little plastic pins that engage in the track right off.
    There are a lot of window repair latches out there when I googled it, but none of the specific type we need. I have not yet connected Lippert directly to see if they have the specific latches we need.

One person did post on the forum how to replace the window latches without taking the window glass frame out, but that was a long time ago. As I recall, This person got replacement latches from Lippert, used a Dremel tool to remove the small raised ridge on the window glass frame where the latch is located, then removed the screw that holds the latch in place, then slid the latch out of the track to R&R, and put the screw back in, the poster said this worked for him .

We only have one window so far that the latch pins are broken on both sides, if we want to open that window, We'll use a wooden spoon to hold it up!
    Last edited by Steven@147; 05-30-2023 at 08:19 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Yeah, we have one window (next to the recliners) that the little tiny plastic pins on the end of the latches that engage in the window track have broken off. I have not yet found the correct replacement window latches to repair it. You have to be careful to hold the latches firmly in when opening and closing the window, don't let the latches go out when raising or lowering the window, it will snap the tiny little plastic pins that engage in the track right off.
    There are a lot of window repair latches out there when I googled it, but none of the specific type we need. I have not yet connected Lippert directly to see if they have the specific latches we need.

One person did post on the forum how to replace the window latches without taking the window glass frame out, but that was a long time ago. As I recall, This person got replacement latches from Lippert, used a Dremel tool to remove the small raised ridge on the window glass frame where the latch is located, then removed the screw that holds the latch in place, then slid the latch out of the track to R&R, and put the screw back in, the poster said this worked for him .

We only have one window so far that the latch pins are broken on both sides, if we want to open that window, We'll use a wooden spoon to hold it up!
    That was me! It was actually very easy to replace them once i figured it out. I can’t remember if I got the parts through Lippert of GD directly. They were like 4 or 5 dollars each. I got extras. Window Slide Latch Black Top Mount For 8800 Series. 580215