User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    fredandfred

Confused as usual

Ok, I am trying to understand the a/c on this unit. I get the separate a/c units but how are they plumbed? I just now noticed that when the bedroom a/c is running I can feel cool air from the ceiling vents in the living room. I thought they were separated. I thought the bedroom controlled just the bedroom and bathroom. Now i feel air from all vents in the ceiling when the bedroom a/c is on. ???????

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both ACs share a common duct. So when the bedroom is on, you'll feel cool air in the living room, and when the living room is on, you'll feel cool air in the bedroom. I really like this feature. We can shut off the bedroom AC at night to keep the noise down, and still have cool air in the bedroom.

Jim

fredandfred
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Both ACs share a common duct. So when the bedroom is on, you'll feel cool air in the living room, and when the living room is on, you'll feel cool air in the bedroom. I really like this feature. We can shut off the bedroom AC at night to keep the noise down, and still have cool air in the bedroom.

Jim
    Thanks for the info.

Papa Smurf
    On our 369RL, if we don't set the living area A/C a couple of degrees cooler than the bedroom A/C, the bedroom A/C does 80% of the cooling. The living area A/C runs very little, if set at the same temp on "normal" days. Now if it is 100 degrees outside, and you are in the full sun, all bets are off and they both run full time to keep up.

Here is one thing I think I noticed at the dealer, when we picked our unit up from service one time. They had it running on a 30 amp plug, and the A/C's seemed to be cycling between the two, instead of trying to run both at the same time. The rear air would run a few minutes, then the front air would run a few minutes, then switch back. I don't know if this was a fluke, or is there some circuitry in the thermostat that recognizes 30 amp power and cycle the airs to prevent blowing the breaker? We have never had the unit on 30 amp power again to confirm if what I thought was happening with the A/C's, was really happening.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the same with my 369RL to set the living area 2 degrees cooler to get them to cycle properly.

I did try to run them both on 30 amp but tripped the breaker on the shore power post. Also on another time had only the front running one morning on 30 amp with a toaster running and when we tried the microwave, the breaker tripped on the shore power post. I think the fridge may have been running too.

Camp on!!
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

fredandfred
    Quote Originally Posted by CloseToRetirement View Post
    I found the same with my 369RL to set the living area 2 degrees cooler to get them to cycle properly.

I did try to run them both on 30 amp but tripped the breaker on the shore power post. Also on another time had only the front running one morning on 30 amp with a toaster running and when we tried the microwave, the breaker tripped on the shore power post. I think the fridge may have been running too.

Camp on!!
    In order for them to cycle even close on my camper, the living area is about 6 degrees different than the bedroom.