Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mud Flap fuel savings etc

Does anybody use the “Mud Flap app” for saving on diesel fuel and def expenses?
    If so thoughts, opinions etc?
    Thank you
    2022 Ford F-350 SRW Lariat 6.7, 3.23s
    2021 Reflection 240RL
    Anderson 3217

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveleo1 View Post
    Does anybody use the “Mud Flap app” for saving on diesel fuel and def expenses?
    If so thoughts, opinions etc?
    Thank you
    I do, I use 4 different apps/companies. GasBuddy, TSD Open Roads, Mudflap, and Upside.

I get the best price via TSD Open Roads.

Experience with Mudflap: you have to go through the truck lanes, go in to the fuel desk to authorize the pump, pump the gas, then go in and sign the receipt. The price in the receipt is not the price you will pay via Mudflap when they debit your account.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've used mudflap quite a bit depending on the lanes we are running. It works quite well though there's been a few times GasBuddy has found fuel cheaper close by. You do usually have to go in to turn on the pump though some places like Mavericks have you do it all right from the pump. Just guessing, but I would think they'll all be doing it that way before long.

Ironically, I've never had real good luck with open roads, once again probably the lanes I run in.
    2018 Ford F350
    2019 Momentum 394

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I became frustrated trying to navigate rig around other vehicles and being at the mercy of whomever had fuel and available. I eliminated this by getting a Titan 54gallon tank to replace my OEM 34gallon. Now I never take rig to fuel up, I can easily navigate truck thru cheapest fuel station while running errands or visiting places.
    2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mudflap is great-pay at the pump with Mavericks out west and still get our CC rewards. Haven't had to go inside to authorize yet. We also use Open Roads, but it isn't always the best deal. Love the truck lanes too-fresher and cheaper DEF, faster fill ups and the longer window washers.
    2023 Reflection 324MBS
    2020 Sierra 2500
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.eatmorecorn.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bruck Fam View Post
    Mudflap is great-pay at the pump with Mavericks out west and still get our CC rewards. Haven't had to go inside to authorize yet. We also use Open Roads, but it isn't always the best deal. Love the truck lanes too-fresher and cheaper DEF, faster fill ups and the longer window washers.
    There's a new Maverik just north of Las Vegas on the 15 freeway that I fill up at when I'm in that area and definitely when headed north to Utah during the hot Vegas summers. They are always 30-50 cents cheaper than almost any other station in the Vegas valley. I just downloaded the mudflap app and it says that I can diesel today for $3.63, which is 62 cents less than my usual fill up closer to my home. Another bonus about driving 30 miles (on the way out of town) further to get fuel is that I have a FULL tank when leaving the city, instead of the 3 gallons burned just to get across the valley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Mud Flap and am happy with the ease of obtaining discounts. I also use Gas buddy and upside when discounts are not available thru Mud flap while towing. I have never used TSD open road but will check into that app. If you want an additional discount using Mud flap please email me and I can pass along to you an additional discount to you as a referral. [email protected]