Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What generator to use for 315RLTS?

I have been researching this but I'm still not sure. These are the parameters I've learned, and their importance to me:

1) Conventional or Inverter - Inverter being quieter (albeit more expensive), so I want this.
    2) Gas/diesel/propane - Gas is my preference, but dual fuel (with propane) would be fine.
    3) Electric start - is a must.
    4) Remote start - would be nice.
    5) Weight - definitely a consideration for me, as I am already pushing the limit.
    6) Cost - I don't want expensive top of the range, but cost is less of a concern than the other factors.
    7) Want to run at least AC, microwave, and refrigerator all at the same time.

All generators seem to be 30 AMP, what does the 315RLTS allow you to use on 30 AMP feed?

These seem to be the best two I have found so far, but obviously I'd like to know of others I should be looking at:

Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment 4500 Peak Watt Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator, Remote Electric Start with Auto Choke, Wheel & Handle Kit, RV Ready, Gas Powered, Parallel Capable
    WEN 56380i Super Quiet 3800-Watt RV-Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Fuel Shut-Off and Electric Start

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beedlebum View Post
    I have been researching this but I'm still not sure. These are the parameters I've learned, and their importance to me:

1) Conventional or Inverter - Inverter being quieter (albeit more expensive), so I want this.
    2) Gas/diesel/propane - Gas is my preference, but dual fuel (with propane) would be fine.
    3) Electric start - is a must.
    4) Remote start - would be nice.
    5) Weight - definitely a consideration for me, as I am already pushing the limit.
    6) Cost - I don't want expensive top of the range, but cost is less of a concern than the other factors.
    7) Want to run at least AC, microwave, and refrigerator all at the same time.

All generators seem to be 30 AMP, what does the 315RLTS allow you to use on 30 AMP feed?

These seem to be the best two I have found so far, but obviously I'd like to know of others I should be looking at:

Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment 4500 Peak Watt Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator, Remote Electric Start with Auto Choke, Wheel & Handle Kit, RV Ready, Gas Powered, Parallel Capable
    WEN 56380i Super Quiet 3800-Watt RV-Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Fuel Shut-Off and Electric Start

Any help/suggestions appreciated.
    Both of the gennys you list would be good choices. However, they're both pretty heavy, more than I could lift easily. You might consider two smaller gennys with parallel capabilities. Also, if you added a SoftStart, a single smaller unit (we have this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PDN9VKD) would run your AC quite well. I don't think you could run the microwave at the same time, but you could turn off the AC while the microwave was on. The Pulsar we have has parallel capabilities which would get you to at least 5,000 watts.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the champion 3500 dual fuel. Even though you should run just 1 ac, this one will start and run both ac's. Run on propane all the time, but would use gasoline if necessary. No need the handle gas if not needed.
    Awesome quiet unit.
    Retired U.S. Navy Engineer

2020 Ram 2500 Big Horn, CC, 6.7 Cummins
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same rig as you. I have this genny
    https://usadustguard.com/images/Elec...EF3000ISEB.png

It is heavy, more than 150 pounds. It does run one air and the micro at the same time. Two smaller parallel generators may be a goo direction due to the weight.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS