User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magnetic holder on entry door

On our main entry door it has a friction hinge but also a magnetic bump stop holder to help hold it back against the camper when open. We installed the rvlock keypad entry handle as we had it on our last camper. Since this handle has a larger surface and curves outward some, the magnet doesn't get to the bump stop now before the handle hits the wall of the camper.

I will need to either shim out the piece on the door and/or the piece on the wall of the camper. Has anyone done this and if so what did you use as your shim?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camper door.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	46570
    Anthony & SarahJayne
    2022 Imagine 2910BH

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to shim the magnetic catch on the access door to the outside kitchen. I just cut a small block of wood, painted it black, and coated it with epoxy. Probably not in a place that would be as noticeable as yours though.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigs85 View Post
    On our main entry door it has a friction hinge but also a magnetic bump stop holder to help hold it back against the camper when open. We installed the rvlock keypad entry handle as we had it on our last camper. Since this handle has a larger surface and curves outward some, the magnet doesn't get to the bump stop now before the handle hits the wall of the camper.

I will need to either shim out the piece on the door and/or the piece on the wall of the camper. Has anyone done this and if so what did you use as your shim?

Name:	camper door.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	46570
    I am in this exact predicament. Do you come across a good solution for this? I don't really want to install a different catch because I don't like. to drill holes in to my camper. I would also like to build the magnetic mount on the wall of the camper by about an inch.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    2022 RAM 2500 HEMI 6.4L 3.73 Axle - Equalizer 4 Bars

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justapullin View Post
    I am in this exact predicament. Do you come across a good solution for this? I don't really want to install a different catch because I don't like. to drill holes in to my camper. I would also like to build the magnetic mount on the wall of the camper by about an inch.
    Some washers and a longer screw would work. Look for stainless steel fender washers.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justapullin View Post
    I havent done anything yet but my plan is as follows.

I work at an ag equipment dealer so I plan to get my hands on some take off pieces of wear material. This is usually a urethane type piece like a cutting board. Cut into shape and then paint black and use larger screws.
    Anthony & SarahJayne
    2022 Imagine 2910BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had good luck using a couple of leftover plastic spacers from a TV wall mount kit. I thought at first it looked strange, but now dont even notice it. The spacers went between the magnet and the foam gasket. My first choice would have been a piece of black nylon or HDPE, shaped and drilled.

Name:	image1 (6).jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	47336

Name:	image0 (6).jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	47337
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 226RK
    2022 F350 CC SB SRW 7.3

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This stuff comes in handy for various projects like this...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the RVlock door handle installed, my door would not reach the magnet, so we 3D printed a 1/2" spacer to put behind it. Some longer screws hold it in the same spot, and it does the job.

Name:	door magnet fix.png 
Size:	894.7 KB 
ID:	49567

Name:	spacer.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	49563

Name:	door magnet fix 2.png 
Size:	914.8 KB 
ID:	49564
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails door handle interference.jpg   door magnet short.jpg  
    Last edited by BWSTGDS; 01-31-2024 at 09:53 AM.
    2001 F350 SRW CC LB Lariat 7.3, 33" Toyo AT2, Transgo, 6.0 trans cooler, exhaust brake, extended overload spring bumpstops, Bilstein 4600, Hydra/PHP, FORScan, billet 7/7 turbo wheel, Adrenaline HPOP, EBC yellow stuff brake pads
    2019 Solitude 377MBS, 5.5kW Onan, Kodiak disc brakes/Titan Brakerite actuator, EquaFlex/wetbolts, Triangle TRT01 LRG tires, Splendide W/D, Magnum Energy 3000W inverter/charger, 4-225AH-6V NPP AGM's, Winegard WiFi extender, RV airflow, Progressive Ind HW EMS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    This stuff comes in handy for various projects like this...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
    Excellant Tip. Thanks Riverbed
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    2022 RAM 2500 HEMI 6.4L 3.73 Axle - Equalizer 4 Bars

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWSTGDS View Post
    With the RVlock door handle installed, my door would not reach the magnet, so we 3D printed a 1/2" spacer to put behind it. Some longer screws hold it in the same spot, and it does the job.

Name:	door magnet fix.png 
Size:	894.7 KB 
ID:	49567

Name:	spacer.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	49563

Name:	door magnet fix 2.png 
Size:	914.8 KB 
ID:	49564
    Would you be willing to share the .stl file? I'd like to print a set for myself. I haven't learned to design anything yet but i can print.... Lol.
    2022 337RLS & 2017 CTD Ram long bed
    720w of solar & Victron MPPT/battery monitors
    4x100AHr LiPo batteries & 2500w PSW
    Lots of other mods too....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast