User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Watertank lose water while driving?

I have 260RD - last weekend filled water tank until came out of overflow/vent. Long drive over few mountain passes and very windy canyons with hairpin turns. Next day after using minimal water, tank gauge showed 1/3 and we ran out of water using very conservatively for 2 nights (mainly dishes, 1 quick shower, minimal flushing as porta potty mainly used). I read online that certain RV's can lose water on corners/turns through vents. Could that be the issue with Grand Design as well? In case of another mfg, they installed sharkbite valves on vent and close while traveling (and of course have to remember to open when you get there). Any thoughts?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes you can loose water from the over flow/vent tub while traveling. I have lost 2/3 of a tank. The sloshing starts a siphon action at times. Do a search on water loss while traveling here and on the GD tech forum. Lots of solutions including the valve, including my own moving the vent location. You don't list the year on your unit. Does it have 1 or 2 vent tubs.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the quick reply 2022 260RD with 2 vent tubes. On a quick google search, saw another mfg - same issue and person recommended installing sharkbite valves on the vent tubes. Moving the vent location may be bit more complicated since the tubes have sealing around.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cougharris View Post
    thanks for the quick reply 2022 260RD with 2 vent tubes. On a quick google search, saw another mfg - same issue and person recommended installing sharkbite valves on the vent tubes. Moving the vent location may be bit more complicated since the tubes have sealing around.
    Interesting the two tube vent was supposed to stop this water loss. I would give GD customer service a call (have you vin handy) as ask for help in solving this and start a case file. Please post back what they say.

You may be able to run the vent forward and come up in the pass through bay as I did with a low point drain.
    Last edited by powerscol; 05-31-2023 at 10:48 AM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I have to go to dealer next week so will raise this question about 2 tub vent. My Furion 12V side by side fridge does not work (freezer does) - worked like a champ only 1 outing - then fridge crapped out which looks like other folks on forum have experienced as well. Hopefully get all of the kinks/issues out soon so we can enjoy