Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roof maintenance

What kind of maintenance or upkeep should you do with the GD roof? Is it some type of synthetic? I don't think it's the traditional rubber roof, so I'm guessing that you don't
    use those type of products, cleaner and revitalizer on it?
    2023 xls Imagine 22MLE

2009 Ford F-250 6.8 v10 SuperDuty Lariat Crew Cab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd start looking it over soon. On both my 2022 22MLE and then 2023 23LDE there were areas where the TPO and edge trim had gaps or cracks upon delivery. I do my own maintenance whenever possible so I did not take them back to the dealer. The 22 MLE actually had a leak above the door during the first rainfall after taking delivery. It was because there was inadequate caulking along the gutter. After cleaning with alcohol and applying caulk it never had another issue. I'm still working on making it around the roof of the 23LDE. The other day I pulled the Dicor from the rear passenger side corner trim where there was a gap between the trim and roof. I filled the cavity with caulk and smoothed it out to cover the area adequately.

You can follow the manufacturer's recommendations on products. Personally, I've been using good marine caulk for years and never have to re-caulk or replace like you have to with the crap they want us to use. I figure if I can use the stuff above and below the waterline on my boat, it isn't going to be a problem for the roof and sides of my RV's. Some will argue you should follow the manufacturer's recommendations. That's fine. But I won't be bringing mine in for warranty work if the roof fails from maintenance so I'm not concerned about that.

Key point here is I just recommend inspecting soon and not wait thinking there wouldn't be any issues up there on a new rig. Congrats on the new RV!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Chemical Guys Extreme wash and wax on my roof and everything on it: long brush, bucket, hose with water filter. Fantastic results.
    2021 Imagine 2970 RL
    Equalizer 2, 4-point hitch.
    2015 GMC Savana 2500 6.0 liter
    Locking rear differential. Bilstein shocks, heavy-duty trailering package, Tow/Haul mode.