Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Slide issues on 2 slides - would love some help

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but struggling with an issue I'm hoping others have seen so I can get pointed in the right direction.

I took my 2019 Reflection 303RLS in for maintenance today to get the wheel bearings packed and asked the tech about a couple of issues with the slideout flooring. He basically told me to skip the wheel bearings and sell the RV ... which is scary, as this is currently my full-time residence. Plus, I put a bunch of solar on the roof last year!

I'm having issues on both of the opposing slides in the main room:

1. The kitchen slide tore the flooring under the fridge. There looks to be a wooden shim under the slide at that spot, so I'm guessing the slide is sagging there, though there's a tear underneath in the slidout flooring on the other side of the kitchen island, closer to the pantry. This hasn't been a huge concern as I have protected my (now repaired) floor with slideout slickers, but this seems to be a common issue and ultimately the slideout does sag. I also notice a slight tilt in the main floor (not in the slideout) toward the fridge when I walk in the kitchen between the island and refrigerator.

2. I now have another issue on the living room slide, which is essentially coming apart. Photo link below - you can see where the whole slidout has cracked, exposing the subfloor.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...UI?usp=sharing

When I contacted GD about the kitchen slide issue, they were much less than helpful - it's a 2019 so far out of warranty, but I was interested in seeing what they could do at the factory to balance the slide properly. I haven't reached out yet about the new issue but have very low hopes for effective help.

I would love to know if anyone else in this forum has experienced this issue (especially with the living room slide in this model) and whether it was repairable! It sounds like I'm basically being told I need to forfeit my RV, but (1) there's no leak or water damage, so the notion that a slidout would be coming apart this badly after 4 years of life and 1 year of gentle FT use (not much travel) is frankly crazy to me, and (2) I love my little home, and I'd love to keep it if I can!

Any thoughts or guidance from folks on this forum would be greatly appreciated!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing. If it were me, I'd continue to push GD for an effective response. I had an issue recently that took months of firm discussion to resolve. I finally had to contact a VP, that actually was all it took, the issue was resolved in a couple of weeks after that.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing. If it were me, I'd continue to push GD for an effective response. I had an issue recently that took months of firm discussion to resolve. I finally had to contact a VP, that actually was all it took, the issue was resolved in a couple of weeks after that.
    Thanks so much for the reply! I'll keep pushing and see if they'll give me that VP's phone number.