User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a quick fix use these for a better seal than regular hose clamps on the non pex line.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VQ6SM2M...roduct_details
    2022 Silverado 3500 SRW 4x4 Crew Cab Duramax with BW OEM non slide hitch
    2022 Reflection 31MB w custom 7000# axles, dual panhard rods and G rate tires.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a similar problem with our low point drain valves on our 310gk, I had to replace the plastic crappy one with a brass one. I do not recommend anyone using a screw down clamp on any rv plumbing application. Get a proper pex crimper and crimps and keep it handy, you will need one eventually. I did a video on our repair if you are interested.

I dont want to post a link here in the post because i dont want to violate a posting rule.

Let me know if you want a link.

I think everyone who owns an rv should have a collection of pex connectors, crimps and tools to do a repair at anytime.

An alarm in the basement where all these connections are made is also essential, the alarm has saved us twice due to faulty pex crimps or connectors.

They are simple cheap devices that pick on water on the basement floor and send out a screaming alarm.

Larry
    Larry and Alice
    GD solitude 310GK (2017) - Ram 3500 crew cab long bed dually
    Full timers from Gainesville, FL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I'd like that link please

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdean61 View Post
    Yes I'd like that link please
    Here is a link to the post where I go through the parts and tools I used to replumb my 28BH. It was a multi month process to get everything the way that I wanted.

Kevin

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ebuild-started
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is link to a video i made about fixing the low point drain valve and pex pipe.
    How to Repair Leaking RV Plumbing with PEX (RV Living) 4K
    https://youtu.be/hAh634Brsag

Hope it helps, Larry
    Larry and Alice
    GD solitude 310GK (2017) - Ram 3500 crew cab long bed dually
    Full timers from Gainesville, FL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem. I changed out hoses I could reach with pex lines and brass connectors. For the ones I could not reach (due to space) I tightened up crimp rings and backed up with hose clamps. So far this year no leaks. I also adjusted the water pressure to 48 psi.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the answers. We got the leak fixed today thanks to a plumber buddy of mine that just retired and was looking for something to do. Turns out all the connections were good, the outdoor shower faucet actually had a crack inside it. We replaced the fittings with brass ones, found a new faucet at the local rv dealer for $15 and replaced the old one. We kinda lucked into finding that.
    I took the advice of many and bought a crimping tool, clamps and extra pex pipe. Ready for the next leak!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdean61 View Post
    2019 2970RL. We have a leak in the fitting of our outdoor shower inside the docking station. There is pex pipe and also a white flexible hose tubing joined together at a T fitting. It appears the white hose material is a larger outside diameter as the pex pipe. Do you have to use crimp clamps on the hose ? As opposed to the crimp rings used on the regular pex fittings.
    We used a new pex crimp and heated the flexible hose with a hair dryer. Yes the flex hose is larger but softening it with a hair dryer will insure a leak proof connection.

Be cautious about replacing it with regular pex line as the flex line is used to eliminate problems due to vibration.
    Dutch & Marlene
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali 6.0L gasser
    2022 Reflection 280RS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12